Random football stuff

Apparently there was eleven English players with X in their names who played for England., this was according to a quiz on the wireless.
Can anyone name them all ?
I got about 4
Dixons , Rix , Le Saux

Oxlade Chamberlain

There’s 5
Top work

1 Like

Trent Alexander-Arnold

2 Likes

Great
I believe, when this question was first broadcasted Oxlade and Trent weren’t ( don’t laugh) actually born or even walking!
So we could be looking at a possible 13 / 14 players .

Jason Wilcox

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Jon_Mackenzie/status/1668997622382710785?s=20

I know the reflex is to be like “this guy is fucking ridiculous” and leaving aside how you’d enforce something like that, I don’t hate the idea that leagues could do things to cap the amount of games teams play. Just for example, Arsenal should not be in the League Cup if they’re also playing in Europe.

I wonder if we see players protecting themselves in future and building clauses into contracts.

And if that happens will it lead to a pull back on how clubs manage a players minutes internationally.

Overall I think it’s a perfectly cromulent idea. Bit it will never happen unless the players and their reps lead the way.

1 Like

The O’s had a pitcher named Mike Mussina in the 90s who famously counted his warmup pitches and pitches in between innings in terms of pitch count and allegedly asked to be pulled earlier because of it.

1 Like

anyone remember this guy from the old football managers as a wonderkid?

his name randomly popped in my head, so I googled him and seems like his career nowhere near lived up to the hype

3 Likes

I might be making this up but I feel like he was called ‘Guy’ back in FM08/09

La Masia talent got heavily overrated in those editions.

Bojan as well, guy ended up at Stoke

I didn’t expect that.

#8loading

Kind of wild that he only got a single cap for Israel in the end and was super young at the time. Even Freddy Adu resurfaced later in his career after winning a few caps at a really young age.

Anyone who wins the world cup usually gets it don’t they

Not in a Messi and Ronaldo world. A French player didn’t get it in 2018. A German player didn’t get it in 2014. A Spanish player didn’t get it in 2010.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1672176934506180609?t=sIJVcOI2G-VhEqcqheNHDQ&s=19

Has London left the UK? #Lexit. Its gonna be much colder up there lads if so

I’m confused as to what this is meant to be for lol