Random football stuff

Rashford is lost?

Why is he in here lol

Blacklist :joy:

I cannot stress how monumentally stupid this is.

American Soccer World Series.

3 Likes

What would be the general consensus of opinion on this from a MLS fans POV.
It’s obviously alien for Europeans but it’s the culture of other American sports and guess that’s what they’re buying into.
How do you think it goes down in general.

The issue MLS has had is the same issue the NBA or MLB faces which is that there are too many meaningless games.

On top of that you have this added layer of MLS historically being unable to break through and capture casual soccer fans. Like I love watching soccer but I don’t live near any MLS team, don’t really support any MLS team and so why should I care about watching Dallas play Cincinnati? And even if I did want to watch, what channel is it on? Do I even get that channel? Why does the guide say the game starts at 9pm when it’s 9:20 and they’re still doing pregame nonsense? You know what, I’ll just watch a rerun of Law and Order instead and play on my phone.

The NBA and MLB have both expanded playoffs as well and I guess the thought is that if there are more playoff spots, more teams are involved during the playoffs which means more fan groups are engaged, watching broadcasts and snorting up that ad revenue. But I think it also means that you still end up with a ton of meaningless games and risk making the whole regular season meaningless. If they’re having an eighteen team playoff out of a league with 29 teams you’re going to end up with some real dreck in the playoffs while simultaneously not really rewarding the teams that take the regular season seriously if nine teams in a conference are able to qualify.

Put another way, would expanded playoffs be good for a middling team like DC which could qualify as a ninth seed? Maybe. Would it keep that fanbase excited for one or two extra matches during the playoffs depending on how they structure the first round? Yeah, of course it would. But does it draw in casual supporters? Not so sure about that.

1 Like

Maybe posted elsewhere but these videos crack me the fuck up. Getting big Dion in some of the clips as well, absolutely belting content. The proper football club one is gold too

7 Likes

Yesssss

Big Nige to round it off :laughing:

Al Hilal of Saudi Arabia just reached the World club championship final beating Flamingo 3 2.
Might just have surpassed the national sides win over Argentina here.

1 Like

Finish his job of winning 0 trophies? Please god

“Arsenal walking into Winter Wonderland!”

Shame we drew that match.

2 Likes

:clap: truth but missed the point football is blame culture.
Very good article though. Be sharing this one out.

Was that the Ozil bounce finish?

Dude was an absolute purist’s dream when he was on it. Magnificent player to watch.

3 Likes

Thats really not a memorable moment at all for me.

Terrible season

Awful squad

Finished manager

We didn’t win even that game

16 Likes

Summed that up well. What total bollocks lol

11 Likes

Something about North African footballers. :arteta2:

2 Likes
3 Likes

You can sue players for not wanting to play for their national team? We should have sued Shearer and Scholsey.