Random football stuff

They are definitely the best players to have played in the World Cup, despite Cruyff never winning it.
Beckenbaur, Muller, Rossi and Zidane also deserve a mention.

I always felt like Zidane bad so many dud games at the World Cup but had those superb games that glossed over the really bad ones he had

Don’t think he did well early in 2006. Stunk out 2002. And only won best player in 1998 for the double goal in the final when R9 rightly deserved the award.

I kind of based it on their standing in the game and whether they took this to the world cup and fulfilled their reputation and what they achieved for their teams.
As @SRCJJ says I wouldn’t put Zidane amongst this due his suspension and inconsistency.

1 Like

That’s fair enough but I’m a bit biased with Zidane because he’s one of my favourite players. :grinning:

1 Like

100%

1 Like

No doubting his quality just wanted to keep a small number of players, i mean i could have also mentioned Platini, Beckenbauer, Zico etc the list could have gone on

2 Likes

Seems a good talent

I’ve just noticed the venue for the home leg of the Italy vs England game for the euro 2024 qualifiers is being played at Napoli’s ground.
For any England fans here thinking of making the trip you’re probably gonna be in the majority, I always wonder if many fans from Napoli actually support Italy whenever the national team play there.

First ever international match was held 150 years ago today

7 Likes

A 0-0 bore draw

One shilling :smiling_face_with_tear:

FOOT-BALL MATCH…I don’t know why that tickled me lol

3 Likes

Bet those cricket cunts regret letting them use the ground now.

3 Likes

Americanisation

How is that supposed to work if the teams the tie is between are playing other teams in the last round?

Like… are they going to meet up the next day for penalties only, against each other, in the middle of the day, in an otherwise empty stadium and then go back home? Am I missing something in the wording here? :sweat_smile:

:joy:.

I assume they’ll do it at the end of the 90 mins haha (on the day of the draw)

1 Like

I am so confused right now :sweat_smile: you mean they get to take penalties against the team they are currently playing?

So if Poland play Argentina and Mexico play Saudi Arabia and it ends with Poland and Mexico being tied in the group, they get to take penalties against Argentina and Saudi Arabia respectively? wtf is in it for those teams? they are done with the group stages. I mean you can’t just go do penalties against teams that have nothing to do with it, that’s insane.

They need to take penalties against each other, Poland and Mexico in this case. And how are they supposed to arrange that, the next wc is held across the entire continent of NA? Surely I am missing something here haha

England USA game. Under this proposal they would have had a peno shout-out and the winner would get an extra point.

1 Like

Sleep maybe

4 Likes

Draws should be axed and we have pens to decide a winner.

You have winners and you have losers.

LOL

Let’s say it’s full time and a game finishes Argentina 0-0 Poland.
They’ll go straight to pens to decide who gets the extra point. Similar to how it’s done in ice hockey or in some pre-season tournaments.

1 Like