Random football stuff

Started supporting around 1996. Hated him with a passion while he was at United, but after he retired, the hate sort of evaporated and I’ve come to admire and respect his managerial abilities. He’d probably not be in the list if he was still a United manager and one of our close rivals though.

6 Likes

Wenger, Pep, Ferguson, Mourinho, Ancelotti

Haha fair enough man. I respect the hell out of him but can never forget the peak Fergie years and how much I absolutely detested him.

He’s the :goat: though that’s for sure.

1 Like

The disrespect. Little prick should apologise immediately!

What a dub for Owen. Shush haters.

Nah it’s a shit take, Real had an insanely difficult path to the final and they showed their talent, resolve and character. Sure they had luck and this isn’t close to the best Real side in a long time but they really showed their pedigree, Benzema, that midfield, Courtois. This wasn’t some cup upset it was a team of winners doing what they do best. Carlo deserves a mention too.

They both sound like butthurt little bitches.

5 Likes

Messi said the best team doesn’t always win (and that he doesn’t think Madrid are the best side in Europe), is that what Owen said? Maybe he said it as well, but the bit I heard about was him saying Liverpool are the best team in Europe, despite them having lost the CL final and being pipped to the title domestically. I think that’s what he got ridiculed for, not for saying something as obvious and factually accurate as “the best team doesn’t always win” lol

4 Likes

I read an interview with his daughter Gemma, who’s going on Love Island, where she said she has promised not to embarrass her dad. Should be the other fucking way round!

People are desperate to make it look like it was all luck with Real. Of course they were fortunate at times but ultimately I’ve been hearing for years now how Real were lucky to win the CL. When Zidane won it 3 times people kept saying how it was “luck” that was getting him there and they weren’t actually the best team the times they were winning it. Even when they won against Liverpool and Karius had that nightmare game all the pundits were talking about how it was luck because Salah got injured and Karius had a nightmare and not because Liverpool scored less goals than Real Madrid and ultimately lost the fucking final.

They’ve apparently somehow managed to “luck” there way to 4 CL titles in recent years.

2 Likes

Wenger, Clough, Guardiola, Dalglish, Ancelotti.

Although Graham and Klopp should also get a mention. :grinning:

Not forgetting Conte :wink:

1 Like

Well considering the score was 3-1 and Karius did gift them 2 goals; the score would have been 1-1. I don’t see anything wrong with saying Madrid were lucky in that game.

He was fine with them abusing other team’s players when he took the job.

And what is this new trend of checking cellphone while presenting news

Real Madrid are absolutely unbelievable in cut throat games and clutch as fuck in knockout when the pressure is on.

I do believe they aren’t the best in Europe in the sense if it was a league format for eg and you played everyone home and away in the Champions League I don’t believe they’d finish top.

6 Likes

Man got so overrated for ages after this.

1 Like

Maybe just my millennialistic roots on show and I don’t really know what the judging criteria is, but to me this is the most memorable/iconic goal in the history of football.

2 Likes

The run up is ridiculous but I love it haha.

2 Likes

Every FIFA after that had that run up as an option. Absolutely useless for scoring free kicks.

3 Likes