Random football stuff

Do Greece really only have 6 teams in their league? And 32 games played as well. That must be really dull.

Isn’t that their play-off bracket after the regular season? Pretty sure that’s what they got.

3 Likes

They have 14 and split a bit like Scotland

Ahh okay

6 Likes

Maradona’s “Hand of God” shirt has been sold for £7.1m at auction.

Unconfirmed reports suggest that Peter Shilton attempted to buy it but didn’t put his hand up high enough.

8 Likes

I saw that and wondered who even cares to pay that much for it? I always thought the hand of god thing would be a big deal in England because we’re petty cunts who love to moan about decisions going against us, is it a big thing internationally? I thought it would be just a random thing that happened in a quarter final that nobody really thought about.

I’m guessing a middle aged English person didn’t buy this to remember it fondly.

I reckon it’s more that Maradona wore that shirt and scored arguably the most famous goal in World Cup history more than the Hand of God.

I reckon internationally more people care about his second goal than they do his first

3 Likes

So I’ve framed the question as only a bitter English person could.

1 Like

5 Likes

He was such a thug lol

He really was. I usually despise that in a player but for some reason I can’t help but love him for it.

1 Like

Why did I think there is a game today? Maybe I was looking forward to the women curb stomping the scum? Who knows?

How any final day/league title race can be voted higher than 1988/89 is beyond me.

9 Likes

Absolute joke when people try to put Agueroooooooooooo above it.

They were at home to relegation bums on the last day and merely needed to win.

We had to go up to Anfield to play god tier 80s Liverpool in the final game of the season, second place us taking on first place Liverpool, needing a two goal winning margin, and pulled it off at the death.

It’s not even a fucking contest.

10 Likes

In the Agueroooo defence, it is clearly a 2nd as clear as a 2nd can be (if that makes sense lol)

1 Like

Absolutely agree, big gap between us in first + City in second and the rest.

1 Like

Majority of people voting were not even born in 1989 probs lol.

If I wasn’t an arsenal fan I wouldn’t have it first for that reason tbh

I suppose there is that element of not having experienced it first-hand.

However, I’d like to counter that by saying there are things that are inherent, imprinted on the brain, for example.

If we look at how the Liverpool (spit) Arsenal game panned out on that fateful May evening, it was almost magic.

Arsenal surrendering a 12 point lead earlier in the season, Scouse cunts not having lost a home game by 2 clear goals in the league since 1983, the game being pushed to the final, final, final day of a season due to the sad events of Hillsborough, Arsenal playing their part in paying tribute to the victims, that first goal by Smudger, and then that damned beautiful moment from Michael Thomas.

Heck, even if that finished 0-1, I’d expect 1988/89 to go down as one of the best run ins ever

1 Like

I’ve been to a couple of these in the past, the atmosphere is electric and never have seen any trouble.