Random football stuff

Mexico is so fucked up when it comes to violence within youth

Arda Guler…plays for Fenerbahçe and has just turned 17. This kid might be the truth.

This is pretty great.

Clauss is 29 and has spent most of his career in lower division sides in France and Germany before breaking out recently at Lens.

11 Likes

awww man this is brilliant

1 Like

International football is the peak for every player.

Even if some fans hate it

2 Likes

Not every player. Going too be exceptions depending who you play for club and country wise.

I knew you’d disagree :rofl:

I actually think its the pinnacle of the game tbh. Just doubt that say Ryan Giggs would put playing for Wales above winning the CL.

Gareth Bale definitely would though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I feel like there’s probably tons of players who prefer getting paid fat stacks and winning club honours over international duties. It’s just not really the kind of thing people can say without getting absolutely slandered by their nation and media.

There’s probably more low level club players who would swap their caps for a successful domestic career than superstars at massive clubs who would trade all that fame, money and glory in to represent their country a few more tournaments and awful friendlies/qualifiers.

4 Likes
1 Like

By UK they mean England, Glasgow, Cardiff and Belfast :wink:

I’d say the Ireland part covers Dublin.

Haha sorry

Swiftly edited

1 Like

Turkey would be a far more interesting bid tbh, astonished no other bids are competing with ours. Also I’m not sure if they’ve ever held an international tournament, I certainly can’t recall one, which would make a nice change.

They’re a football mad nation so I imagine it’d be great for fans to go to aswell.

4 Likes

Is that an Ozil invention?

Hmmm.

I do hope he’s not negating what is a very serious mental health condition here.

1 Like

Don’t really see how he’s negating a serious mental health condition by saying that he’s had to deal with said serious mental health condition in recent years. More the opposite, if anything.

4 Likes