Random football stuff

Saw a video crediting Pep with the resurgence of 4-4-2 yesterday which totally neglects the genius of Simeone and the fact that managers like Ancelotti have been utilising it for years anyway.

Raineri won the PL with it.

I also saw a video crediting Pep with the strikerless system like Spalletti wasn’t using it with Roma in 07.

Pep gets credit for using other people’s ideas and tweaking them as if he was the originator of the idea rather than just being credited for making something better.

2 Likes

Let’s no forget Jardim’s Monaco. One of the best examples of a successful 442 in the last decade.

3 Likes

Yeah I have, and yeah, as a centre back on more than a few occasions I’d quickly trot out of position with the ball safely in the opponents box to kick a ball off our pitch and back on to someone else’s. It was a right fucking pain lol. But obviously had a certain charm to it too.

3 Likes

Is there more, as I feel like an important bit of his quote has been chopped off :man_shrugging:

Looked for it. Didn’t see one haha

1 Like

Honestly signing Higuain or Suarez would literally have done so much of our fortunes. We were desperate for a striker of quality

4 Likes

Fairly dry quotes all things considered. Nothing that we’ve not heard before.

1 Like

Best 442 was Zidane’s

2 Likes

@Phoebica you follow the championship who is Jacob Brown? :joy:

Not seen much of him. Mainly because he plays for Stoke. And I refuse to watch Stoke. Stoke and Scotland is the perfect match though :sweat_smile:

From what I’ve read though he’s been decent this season, but not all that before that. Oh and this won’t come as a surprise, but he isn’t actually Scottish.

1 Like

A manager leaving a club who were relegated this season, the responses are 100% positive. :slight_smile:

How dangerous is this? It was the away fans apparently @shamrockgooner :eyes:

Absolute fucking idiot(s). Apparently the guy responsible was held by fans around him and handed over to the cops.

2 Likes

It’s Diwali peeps

4 Likes

They are just playing it like the share market.

Basically they are betting he is absolute shit at the team they sold him to, then they buy him back cheaper, return the player to his parent club and pocket the difference between the sale and the buyback.

Nigerian clubs out here playing 16D chess.

3 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Game’s gone soft, that’s never a foul.

1 Like