Random football stuff

Number Two, best position and view of the goal

I was tempet to number two, but France CB is going towards that area leaving the number 3 totally free as it looks, even their RB isn’t covering him. Number 3 is free in the next moment obviously.

Bit I don’t think Zagorakis has the time to calculate all of this. I’d just pass it to Bobby. :pires1:

1 Like

Well on FIFA, I always move the ball to other leg, and pass it to 2

Here’s what actually happened:

Perfectly hit header. Charisteas was possessed in that tourney. Nothing special at club level.

1 Like

Great example of marking and closing down players.

Thuram did well to close down the guy number 3 from the pic above. RBs task in those situations is always to close down the area the CB leaves. Sagna always did that. :sunglasses: Gallas failed there. If he had done that he would’ve left the player number 4 free behind him, but still he should’ve done that. At least he would have some chance to block the number 4 eventually, here Charisteas was absolutely free at the heart or the penalty area.
France were obviously outnumbered there… Kinda weird to see so many Greece players in the penalty area considering how defensive they were the whole tournament. Obviously they had the ability to smell blood and go for it when the chance opens.

Randoming came across the 2006 winning goal in Semifinal WC.

His career stat wise seems to stagnate after being Serie A footballer of year in 2005. Retired just 2 years ago.

What’s your take on this? A guy being charged for something he tweeted when he was 14. Has it gone too far this time or is it justified?

1 Like

Totally ridiculous

4 Likes

Regardless of what was written in that post, it is ridiculous to charge for something done 9 years ago and even more ridiculous if 9 years ago the said person was 14 year old.

Even this is ridiculous. So what if he refuses to wear an armband as long as he is minding his own business

2 Likes

It is madness to charge someone for a tweet made when they’re fourteen.

RE the LGBTQ+/Torino thing… a gesture like wearing a rainbow armband shouldn’t be mandated. The point of wearing one is to make a point about your values. If you don’t hold those values then you shouldn’t wear one, as it just devalues the gesture.

I’ll personally judge someone who chooses not to wear one, as for me it indicates that the person in question has values that I think are fairly intolerant. But that’s just me forming my own opinion, which we all do, just like people might read this post and judge me for things that I’ve said because they don’t hold the same values as me. But that’s as far as it should go really, cos it doesn’t help the cause to force people to comply, imo.

If a religious person wants to pick and choose which parts of scripture they follow in order to justify their prejudices then that’s their right, as it is mine to think less of them for doing so.

5 Likes

Honestly that charge on a nine year old tweet is bullshit.

To be fair on this one, it just says they are looking for a meeting. Presumably to put their point of view across and there doesn’t seem to be any call for sanction etc.

3 Likes

This guy used to play for us. He was probably in our academy when he wrote the tweet :sweat_smile:

But yeah, it’s actual lunacy that he is being charged now. And which sad person dug the tweet up and reported it?! Honestly, have people and the FA got nothing better to do?!

3 Likes

After reading that article, it seems they regularly do this as they charged another player for a tweet made when he was 15.

Seems like a sanitization program with token charges.

If they going to charge him for that (which is ridiculous) then they should be allowed to charge Twitter for allowing that kind of thing to be tweeted in the first place. It’s been up for 7 years but it’s only offensive NOW?

2 Likes

How could the FA charge Twitter? Lol

2 Likes

Maybe not the FA, but some kind of action should be taken against the platforms for allowing this crap in the first place if people are retroactively getting punished for it.

1 Like

So a mate of mine, a United fan, just texted saying they are offering pay monthly schemes for replica shirts.

Does it not say something to United, or football businesses in general, that they’ve gone so far down the route of ripping people off that a basically plastic t shirt, manufactured in sweatshops for about 12 pence now requires a pay monthly option - by the end of which said shirt will have fallen to pieces in the wash anyway?

1 Like

They are really well made and designed these days. They definitely don’t fall to pieces in the wash and like any item of clothing you can pretty much use schemes like Klarna and Clearpay so this is nothing revolutionary.

I don’t use Klarna and Clearpay because I largely don’t buy any item of clothing that I can’t afford to buy outright. But the scheme has a purpose when it isn’t being abused (which unfortunately it does by a lot of younger people).

Either way, it’s not a horrendous idea and the shirts don’t fall apart in the wash. I’ve got Arsenal home kits from the first Adidas release that still hold up well after several washes and wears.

1 Like