Random football stuff

They came in 78 and were subjected to the foreign players won’t make it here brigade. Ardiles won people over after a slow start and Villa scored that cup goal against city.

2 Likes

I’ve met Ardiles once. Nice guy.

1 Like

Yeah spuds first ever cup final loss that at Wembley.

Ahh my bad! Thought it was at the time of the Falklands for some reason. Good to know that football clichés that were around in the 70s are still going strong today in some places :smiley:

1 Like

Spurs were weirdly favourites, weren’t they? (In spite of Liverpool being in the midst of that 4 year winning streak of the league cup, or whatever it was)

1 Like

Milk cup :joy:

1 Like

Yeah he left spuds mid season because of the Falklands. Went to PSG on loan I think.

1 Like

FIFA at it again. Doubt they’ll pass but thwre are so many other things they could do to improve the game ffs.

I’m up for clock stoppages instead of added time but only for certain things like injuries, subs etc and leave it at 45 mins. Goal kicks, throw ins, celebrations…they’re just part of the game.

Yellow becoming a sin bin is nonsense. The inequality in yellow cards would make it unworkable.

5 Likes

Axe penalty shootouts for a crossbar challenge aswell

3 Likes

Yeah completely with you on the first one to be fair, the amount of time wasted that doesn’t get added on is a joke.

Rest of it is just nonsense though

1 Like

Stopping the clock absolutely needs to be introduced

Yeah, they should allow the players to use their hands too, maybe throw a basket or two on the sides of the pitch, maybe add some rifles too… It’s still football, right?

6 Likes

They must be quite bored at FIFA headquarters.

2 Likes

Wish he took his career more serious. Would’ve followed his pal Griezy to one of the big 3 in Spain. Shame.

2 Likes

Not to be that guy but it’s important to have a guy like him in MLS. It was a coup at the time and is still a testament to LAFC, and what they’re paying him, that he’s here.

Guys like him, Josef Martinez, Migiel Almiron and Rossi have shown that you can move here in your prime years, get paid, play in professional facilities and helped drag the level of competition higher.

Obviously there’s a ceiling on MLS’s level because it’s business plan is a Ponzi scheme, but Vela helped rid the league of it’s stereotypical image of a retirement league. It’s really moved to identifying and selling younger guys. (Miami notwithstanding, who knows what goes on there.)

1 Like

Ooof

Ooof but when he’s done with his vid he gets knocked the fuck out.

5 Likes

I’m usually anti-violence but idiots like this who are all “cmon bro it was just a joke! Why are you so uptight!” really don’t get any sympathy when shit inevitably goes sideways and they’re collecting their teeth off the pavement.

7 Likes

Dany Mills getting absolutely bodied on Twitter by Arsenal and Man Utd fans for these shocking takes.