Random football stuff

Congratulations :confetti_ball::bouquet:

1 Like

Quite a turnaround from last season, although they had a shocking European exit didn’t they in the EL?

4 Likes

I like the way how Fabregas sees the game. Would be interesting to see how he’d get into coaching.

1 Like

Cesc should have a statue outside the Emirates but instead he’s arguing about football semantics with Michael Owen on Twitter. We really do create our own hell.

4 Likes

Smartest midfielder I’ve ever seen with how he would pass to the right guy at all times.

The funny thing about that is a lot of Owen’s goals were just a tap in from a good assist.

3 Likes

Are we also gonna stop counting goals because they weren’t complex enough? :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

There was actually a time not so long ago when assists didn’t exist. We survived.

4 Likes

It’s funny you say this Strolls was watching an 1984 match against Pool the other night and the Arsenal Right back Viv Anderson (who had come in from Notts Forest) put in like 3 assists from crosses, didn’t even get a mention by the commentators. Guy was TAA before TAA proper bombing down that right flank and pushing up. Whipping in some serious balls.

Although I personally I like that we have assists now, it’s nice that these things get mentioned and the different positions and aspects of the get more recognition.

2 Likes

So what do you think about the pre-assist that seems to be becoming more of a thing these days? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s often more important than the assist. :eyes:

2 Likes

Anomaly

1 Like

STOP STOP

PLEASE STOP

We already have the bollocks complicated stats like xG, xA, xMost Centrality and bullshit.

Leave the simple stats be.

Does Michael Owen ever contribute anything positive to the game?

1 Like

It’s actually not that complicated…:wink:

2 Likes

The original chaos factor :grin:

5 Likes
8 Likes

:laca2: :ooo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/online_arsenal/status/1394394470708400129

4 Likes

.:face_vomiting:

This is brilliant :grin:

1 Like