Random football stuff

Its also why I presume pundits just parrot the same old shit every single game.

Atleast she made a slightly interesting comment thats a bit out of the norm.

4 Likes

I agree.
If that was an ex Man U player saying something like that the reaction from Leeds would have been a lot worse.
It was a ridiculous;oue claim and she was rightly called out for it.
She should take it on board and learn from it.

2 Likes

They can do that without encouraging a pile on though.

I’m not saying that it would have been fine to do it had the pundit been a man, but the fact is women in football already get more abuse based purely on their gender. And the Leeds admin and owner (who came out and defended the tweet) will know that, yet they’ve still decided to open her up to sexist abuse. Some of the things she has been called are despicable. “Slag” is just one of the kinder bits of abuse she has received.

Fans should be above misogyny, but many aren’t. And Leeds IMO have been a bit irresponsible here.

1 Like

Haven’t Leeds got a fair bit of recent history when it comes to starting very strongly but fading at the business end of the season and subsequently failing to make the playoffs and thus get promoted? With their intense style of play under Bielsa probably contributing to their regular drop off, perhaps a lengthy mid season break helped them avoid falling into that same trap again last year?

I mean, who knows? It would be an interesting talking point though, and I feel it’s not as ridiculous as many other comments made every week that official club accounts don’t call out.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I agree entirely with her point but football club accounts really are the worse. All started with them fucking Bundesliga accounts trying to be funny all the time :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m glad there’s still at least one hater trying to cling to the notion that any success achieved last season is asterisk as fuck :ozil:

6 Likes

I mean, they won the championship by 10 points, so suggesting that they squeezed it over the line thanks to COVID seems to be a pretty stupid hot take.

The point of twitter for these clubs is attention grabbing content, and when a pundit makes a big and wrongful claim then “putting them in their place” is easy likes and shares for “sick banter™”

This is like when that journalist thought he was being well cheeky and full of bantz when he came up with a NLD XI and it was only Spurs players, just for us to beat them and the Arsenal Twitter tweeted a gif of Ozil drinking a cup of tea.

I’m not defending the psychos who do this shit, I’m just saying that the Twitter Admins should be allowed to stand up for their club otherwise what’s the point? Twitter is literally all about the twitter feuds and drama and “receipts” or whatever, no-one gives a shit about seeing Bamford nutmeg Dallas in training or whatever content they usually put out.

It sucks that she got a lot of abuse but I’m sure it’s not the first or last time she’ll get abuse as a pundit. I’m sure Shearer, Jenas, Neville, Ferdinand etc. all have their share of abuse when they comment on games and players like Kane who get abused for their speech impediment and so on. Unfortunately it’s a hazard of the job when your paid to come with opinions on very emotive subjects.

Wait till things go shit at Leeds and someone criticizes them.
Nice seeing a slight shine taking off a 5 0 win though and this poison showing it’s true outlook.

She was saying the break helped refresh them, which perhaps it did given that they were leading by only one point pre lockdown. Bielsa’s teams often fall towards the end. So to suggest that without a break a Bielsa team would have gone the same way as other Bielsa teams is not really that wild a take IMO.

5 Likes

Fair enough, in her defence she didn’t really get much time on her to elaborate and defend her point.

What was their to defend? She was basically taking the 18/19 season and expected exactly the same to happen.

1 Like

They had already started to choke before the stop of football, blew like an 8 point gap between them and third i think

1 Like

They’d lost a lot of games in January but before the break won five in a row.

I think the Championship in general is just really volatile like that. With 46 games seems inevitable to me that really bad stretches are alternated with good ones.

1 Like

And yea they won by 10 points but they picked up like 6 of those 10 over the final three matches of the season.

1 Like

Carney’s point wasn’t that wild. As Phoebica says, Bielsa teams have a history of petering out physically as he doesn’t tend to rotate his starting 11.

Saying Leeds got promoted because of COVID (could have been phrased better) was always going to elicit a negative response from supporters. Poor form by the Leeds account to create a pile on situation.

The more I think on it, I don’t think it was a particularly awful point, I think it could be argued either way though that a long lay off from competitive fixtures could have a negative effect on the clubs physical sharpness and leave them a bit ring rusty.

Truthfully it’s not a bad talking point but what’s undeniable is she made it in a pretty awful way. Unless she was purposely trying to bait cunts on the internet in which case she made it wonderfully.

3 Likes

Lol how bloody patronising is this?

Inviting her to come and do her job? Like she has won a competition prize or something.

4 Likes

:laughing: :laughing:

That’s really bad

@SRCJJ @Bl1nk you guys wanna see something that’ll ruin your day?

Can’t be any worse than 2020 so fire away brother.

2 Likes