Random football stuff

Standing: Dida, Ronaldo, Materazzi, Gattuso, Vieiri, Del Piero, Maldini, Trezeguet, Crespo

Sitting: Albertini, Buffon, Maradona

3 Likes

Deadest link up in history

3 Likes

Horrendous.
At least after seeing the Italian pic above it.

The delusion from Chambo. His injuries have been. a blessing in disguise for Liverpool.

3 Likes

He was such an awful player to watch, we really shafted Liverpool on him. Not only is he shit but his fitness is diabolical too.

1 Like

Still remember his breakout performance against Olymipiakos when he was about 18. I really thought we had a serious player on our hands that night. That and that game against United were as good as it ever got for him. That’s almost ten years ago now.

2 Likes

Walcott 2.0

7 years of waiting for him to come good lol

Dude, I honestly feel like that was the case

1 Like

Love him as a personality.
He should try media industry post tetirement.

As a youngster Walcott never had a performance akin to the two I mention for ox, but ultimately yes, same thing.

1 Like

Yeah for sure, it’s was the worst case of deja vu haha

1 Like

Can I be controversial and say Pepe will go the same way :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

I’d say that he’s a completely different case.

Walcott and Ox were both 16 year potential super stars signed from Southampton, proper English superstars up and coming etc.

Pepe is just some random french 24 year old french dude who only had his breakout season last year. He may well not live up to the hype, but he won’t have the English hype to live off of for 8-10 years like Ox and Walcott did.

2 Likes

That’s a fair analysis, and I agree.

It’s just rather frustrating that Graham could buy a budding English talent and turn them into a dependable, solid, reliable league-winning first-teamer and Wenger couldn’t.

1 Like

Lol this is ridiculous. The league was 75% English in Graham’s days and less than a third for most of Wengers time here.

1 Like

Here’s a map that’s shows the big chances vs the small ones.

1 Like

What a load of shit. That was as routine a 2-1 game as you will ever see.

5 Likes
1 Like

Pepe is Ivorian :eyes:

4 Likes

I remember we were after Bale as well, who we could have had, but chose Walcott over him and then went on to get Chamberlain.
Even worse, spurs got Bale.

1 Like