Random football stuff

Maradona was beast mode in 86 so even without the hand of god you’d fancy him to create another goal

In 1990 if we had Barnes fit, you’d have Barnes and Waddle on 2 wings with Gazza and Beardsley in the middle with Linekar up front. Given we went out on penalties to the winners without Barnes you have to think it might be different with him.

Shilton should save the free kick.

100% agree with this, Shilts should have saved the deflected free kick…He also should have flattened Maradona, then the little shit would never have scored the “hand of God” goal…I hate that feckin term, he cheated, no more, no less…….(Great player tho)

1 Like

goal surely
1 Like
1 Like

7 Likes

Did everyone have to pay 25 quid for them to be displayed. FFS madness.

Match day revenue :giroud2:

5 Likes

Lovely gesture

3 Likes

I hope they wanted season tickets mind. Otherwise they’ll probably just go out of politeness and it will actually be a massive inconvenience to them.

Got this through the post today. Brazil special :ok_hand: looking forward to reading.

3 Likes

The biography of Socrates is immense, what a player

2 Likes

I have to admit I do quite like the two of them now

3 Likes
5 Likes

I don’t know why but he just seems like such a footballing icon from my youth

2 Likes

It’s crazy that he just never took to English football. By all accounts he had some great games in Europe for them though.

His talent wasn’t fulfilled in England unfortunately

4 Likes

That was pretty much his career

I only really watched him on highlights but I suspect from what I’ve read he’s a luxury player. IIRC he needed a very specific set up at Lazio to get the best out of him. SAF was moving to 433 or 451 type of system and Scholes was pushed further forward. It was a failed experiment so he moved back to a 4-4-2

1 Like

Watching Germany v England from Euro 96 on bbc1.

That first half of extra time must be one of the most dramatic periods of extra time ever seen.

(Apart from when mi Atletiiiiii deservedly handed Liver-poo’s arses to them in March)

1 Like

Simple fact of this game is Gazza misses an open goal.