Random football stuff

5 Likes

These football pages really are a bag of shite sometimes, can’t work out if they’re run by the same people, or if they’re dull, unimaginative cunts that just steal content from each other (pretty sure it’s the latter)

Snapped all of these from my FB feed in the past twenty minutes…

Honestly, how hard is it to pay tribute to a different player? Like, if you saw one of the other pages post about Morten Gamst Pedersen, could you not at least think, “well I want to be slightly original, so I’ll save my shite Pedersen plagiarism for another day, and do a post about how only old school PL fans will remember prime Juan Pablo Angel”

Put the slightest bit of effort into creating original content ffs. Its not like you’re writing an article, or a song, or painting a piece of art. You’re posting a photograph of a player from fifteen years ago with a shit caption, it takes like 5 minutes tops. Try harder you fraudulent cunts.

8 Likes

Last push by @JakeyBoy for poster of the year here.:wink:

1 Like

He’s not limited to London Underground etiquette our Jakey :laughing:

2 Likes

Most likely these pages are created/managed by same individual.

Yep.

Also Gamst Pederson was an overrated shit.

Cultured left foot my ass.

3 Likes

It is bull in terms of

1. You need a set of players skilled with close control, passing ability and presence of mind; not lumberjacks like Xhaka and Sokratis.
  2. It doesn’t work if you make your intentions obvious by attempting it from a goal kick, even if you are a top club playing an inferiorly skilled lower side.
    A scammer doesn’t scam people by shouting out how he is going to scam everyone. He is discreet.
    If you attempt it from the goal kick all the time, you are just telling the opposition that you expect them to press high & leave gaps.
    That’s a big assumption to make that the opposition has not planned for this & plot out how to organise against such a tactic.
    All it requires you to cut off all passing options and you have a relatively lowest skilled footballer of the side stuck in a corner. (which is exactly what happened)
    You don’t even need a good side to implement such an organizational tactic. You don’t need skills to counter it.

I do agree that every top club should be implementing it. However, through the means of open play where the opposition is not suspecting a trap, In-fact seduced into thinking that they have cornered us. That’s when it is effective.
Otherwise I don’t think it is some magical formula with high success rate to be a must have tactic.

Edit - Wilson at the very end was actually shouting to his teammate to press Luiz & Sokratis to stress my point. haha

You’re making it far too complicated Trion.

In the end if you want to control a game through positivity you simply won’t get enough control of the game if you are not playing out from the back. Your scamming analogy is bad, of course the opposition knows you are trying to play out from the back, but with organised and coherent build-up this is done fine.

Of course everyone knew the intentions of every possession side that has ever graced this game. That didn’t stop them from playing out from the back reliably. And no, it is not just about having top players. Watch a Paco Jémez side.

3 Likes

Hope #9 finally comes true. :pray:

Wolves winning the Europa is a fair shout

2 Likes

Wished they’d won it the last time they reached the final.:frowning:

https://twitter.com/bubbIxs/status/1211060553206190080

The way Gerrard talks about Vidic in this video… :mustafi:

Please let’s not make out like Vidic was a bum.
Interesting tactic but when agenda driven idiots add shit like this on does my head in.

1 Like

Agenda? #confusedface

The comments about VVD being compared thing. Unless I’m missing something.

I didn’t notice or read the tweet below the video in all honesty.

1 Like

Charlie Adam is ten months younger than Cristiano Ronaldo.

Really highlights the effect living in places like Liverpool, Stoke and Scotland can have on a man.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1213194502606934016?s=21

:arteta:

4 Likes