Random football stuff

Need to check them goals now. Good question that.

:wenger::unai:

2 Likes

Emery >>>>> Poch.

1 Like

Emery doesn’t take the cups serious either.:rofl:

Arsenal 2006 is one for sure.

1 Like
2 Likes

Emery ain’t gonna shag you mate.

2 Likes

Weird thing to think of when Grealish is just posting saying he likes playing at the Emirates lol

Arsenal = Emery

Senor Emery is the best!

Most entertainingly, Osbourne explains how some of the world’s most celebrated stars are affected. Barcelona’s Lionel Messi has previously been convicted for tax fraud and he was handed a 21-month suspended prison sentence by the Spanish courts. As Britain exits the EU, his entry into the UK has the potential to be more difficult to compete in Champions League or international games.

Osbourne says: “There is a specific point around European games. If you are an EU citizen with a criminal conviction, you can travel to the UK, as long as you are not deemed to be a threat to national security. If you are not an EU citizen and have a conviction or prison sentence imposed — even if suspended — you are banned from coming to the UK. There are a number of very famous footballers with convictions and suspended sentences for tax evasion.

They, thus far, have not had to worry as they have EU passports. But post-Brexit, they potentially may not be able to enter the country (as they will be treated like non-EU nationals). Anyone with a prison sentence of any sort, the starting point is you are not allowed in.

This could provide disruption to Champions League squads and also whether they (UEFA) will play finals in England if players potentially may not be able to come in. Clubs will need to take steps.”

:arteta: :arteta: :arteta:

Really interesting article tho for those who have the subscription

6 Likes

“Anyone with a prison sentence of any sort, the starting point is you are not allowed in.”

Until you pay one of the top brass a handy million in his handkerchief pocket :wenger:

Good luck sure the sponsors and TV company’s will fully support that decision with the prize money and broadcasting rights.
Mikhy not being allowed to play in the Europa final in Baku is one thing.
Messi not playing at Wembley in the CL final something else.

1 Like

I absolutely, guaran-damn-tee that Messi and the like will have zero problem getting into the country for a football match.

Yeah, theoretically Brexit could pose an issue, but we all know in practice it just won’t cause this kind of problem. As if we’re ever going to stop international footballers who play for Barcelona, Madrid, Atleti etc from playing a game on our shores because they have tax discrepancies.

This is the kind of utterly pointless Brexit pontificating that people categorise as being part of “Project Fear”.

I’m glad I don’t have a subscription because I’d probably just be made that my money was contributing towards pointless articles like that.

4 Likes

They said that later on in the article :kissing_heart: Still an interesting read though going through all the possibilities

1 Like

How did Football365 take the dumping? Hope you broke the news to them gently.

4 Likes

I have two phones :shushing_face:

How much for a g fella?

1 Like
3 Likes

A yearly subscription to the Athletic mate

1 Like