Racism & Sexism (etc) discussion

I’d sooner shit in my hands and clap than to waste my time going back and forth with you tbh lol

4 Likes

Because only shit comes from you hence why

1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Like flies to shit here comes the creepy man…

1 Like

At least he didn’t ask her if she was Idris Elba

5 Likes

Oh so intellectual, so masterfully said

1 Like

This coming from someone clearly feigning mental health problems lol

1 Like

That’s a good one mate hope it made you feel a bit better about yourself

It turns she was dressed in an African outfit as well, you couldn’t make this shit up.

1 Like

I think this lady is being overly difficult to paint the other woman as racist or ignorant when really the main issue is probably just one of diction.

Tbh people are too precious about this stuff. Most British people are white and don’t have names like her. It’s not racist to ask about heritage and it also doesnt mean that a person is not British just because they have a particular heritage.

There’s a big hipster white liberal movement currently that makes fun of the whole “where are you really from?” thing. Mostly just whites screeching at other whites for being so white.

I don’t really think most mean it in a maliceful way tbh. I ask people what their heritage is all the time because I’m interested in other cultures and it can be a great way to relate with people.

Basically the palace lady could probably ask in a better way and the other lady could try harder to not automatically perceive it as racist.

6 Likes

I think it’s more to do with the fact that it underlines the issue a lot of people who are British born but not “British” have in that they’re kind of never really seen or treated as British by a lot of white people.

You kind of always have to go through your life being seen as a foreigner even though you’re British born.

I don’t even really think it’s that big an issue tbh with you. I think she’s just a bit ignorant and tone deaf but I can absolutely understand why it made the woman uncomfortable because she’s British born and that is genuinely all that she knows. A lot of British born Africans don’t really have any affinity with their African roots and just see themselves as British.

But ultimately I don’t think this is something that should cost someone their job although I absolutely understand why the woman was bothered by it. But I think even she came out and said she didn’t want the old woman to be vilified.

Don’t care about her age. This is a position of trust and fucking diplomacy.
She’s educated and moved in these circles all her life.
It’s common decency and good manners on top of all that.
Ignorance is no defence here.

2 Likes

Being curious about someone’s origins is considered racist just because

@SRCJJ being asked that question doesn’t remove from her Britishness, she knew exactly what she was doing and you can see that from her version of events.

She is in the middle with the traditional African dress

1 Like

Just so the right info is out there, nobody lost a job.

and had stepped aside from her honorary role with immediate effect.

It’s effectively losing her job as the lady in waiting

1 Like

Although she wasn’t paid, she did work there and had done for almost as long as the Queen had been on the throne.

So she might not have been sacked but has been vilified by the media and had her reputation ruined because she asked a simple question in a possibly insensitive way.

People in glass houses and all that.

3 Likes

It’s not a job though. It’s some bullshit title

1 Like

That’s your opinion, nonetheless she is being vilified by the world press as a racist just because she took interest in someone.

1 Like

No it’s literally not a job.

I’m sure she will survive anyway. No one knew who the fuck she was 5 days ago and in 5 more she will be forgotten.