Racism & Sexism (etc) discussion

Totally agree. Not that I’m a massive fan or anything, but I much prefer Frank Skinner.

Both of them dissed Pele loads of times. They can both fuck off.

1 Like

It is a lot worse out there, a lot of them think nothing of their casual racism as they find it endering but it’s disgusting.

Still a long way to go im afraid

2 Likes

Show was before my time really, being born in 1990, pretty much only thing I know about it is the Jason Lee bit.

1 Like

He was always completely unfunny; Skinner used to rip him on the show for it all the time. The thing about that show was that they were just being lads. And that was the in thing at the time - Men behaving Badly and Game On sitcoms; Chris Evans on his show being by today’s standards massively sexist. I think that Jason Lee thing was just a skit that got out of hand. They had a segment of the show where they’d show footballers face and then take in turns to reveal a lookalike - they gave people like Peter Beardlsey, Ian Dowie, Tony Cotteral and others absolute grillings. This was a show where Frank Skinner announced to Baddiel that he was responsible for killing Jesus…Baddiel was like what how? Skinner was like - cos your Jewish.

3 Likes

Racism at the Palace. Legacy of Empire still ruling the corridors of the realm. Cunts.

1 Like

I think there is racism at the palace, but this particular case was (very) ropey.

I don’t think I’d brand that particular individual a racist at all, if I’m honest.

I would in this day and age personally. In a position of trust here. At the very least it’s a huge oversight if your in a key role in diplomacy tbh.

I read the story, basically the African woman took offence being asked what part of Africa she was from.

1 Like

She was asked that, after saying she was born in the UK.

So I’m not sure what story you were reading.

3 Likes

So what if she was born here, is it a crime to ask your origin, clearly she isn’t native English; clearly the attendant notices her name “Nzonzi” so naturally making conversation the attendant asked, unless asking any non-whites where they are originally from is racist.

Edit: being born in the U.K. doesn’t make you native English, that’s the most ludicrous thing to think of.

3 Likes

Couldn’t she have asked “you related to that fella who used to play for Blackburn?” like a normal person?

1 Like

No @DavidHillier thats racist don’t you know lol

1 Like

I also don’t understand the offense of asking about someone’s roots. I don’t have a Dutch surname, so it’s logical one asks where my origins are. Even though I was born in the Netherlands. It’s okay. I’ll explain. :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

I never said it was offensive :slight_smile:

An 83yr old lady in waiting as Nzonzi Fulani “clearly and English name” :roll_eyes: where are you from, loses her job that’s she’s held for 60 years for alleged racism.

The African lady says it felt like she was interrogated, and violated

1 Like

You should check the story on the BBC website for context.

Lady SH: Where are you from?

Me: Sistah Space.

SH: No, where do you come from?

Me: We’re based in Hackney.

SH: No, what part of Africa are you from?

Me: I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records.

SH: Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?

Me: Here, the UK.

SH: No, but what nationality are you?

Me: I am born here and am British.

SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?

Me: ‘My people’, lady, what is this?

SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you’re from. When did you first come here?

Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when…

SH: Oh, I knew we’d get there in the end, you’re Caribbean!

Me: No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.

SH: Oh so you’re from…

1 Like

Perhaps, but I am in a place with slow ass internet so it will have to wait

I think this bit is true but racism? Nah