PSV - Arsenal (EL) 2-0

Doesn’t he also often play 3 games in a week for Scotland also ?

2 Likes

Firmino really risen from the dead this season lol. Thought he was totally finished but he’s been Liverpool best attacker not named Diaz

1 Like

Yeah his level has surprised me also, I didn’t expect that output thus far.

Yeah I’m not interested in talk about managing his fitness this is elite level football and he’s not a supremely gifted football player that we should be making adjustments to his schedule.

If he can’t play two games in 3 days after basically playing no football this season then he needs to be binned sooner than I imagined

1 Like

We play forest at home this weekend. Chelsea away next weekend.

I know which midweek game id want to make sure nobody needed to play in.

We still need to go fairly strong in this one.

2 Likes

I agree as he does it for Scotland regularly but Arteta doesn’t fancy it

@Aussiegooner this probably can be a reply to you aswell

2 Likes

Fossils dont breathe

Rotate the bollix out of it. We’ve earned the breathing space.

2 Likes

Tbh I get the idea to not rotate in this game.

But we absolutely should just play 11 nwaneris Vs Zurich if we get a result here.

I genuinely would prefer a good league campaign over exhausting our players in the EL which is likely to contain a host of CL drop outs and then having our PL campaign suffer for it.

I want to win a European trophy just as much as anyone else but the squad is so thin it’s a case of managing our priorities this season.

We are well equipped to qualify for the CL through the league that the EL is no longer the back door to makeup for a shoddy league campaign.

Ultimately I would say that none of the top teams have been rotating their options thus far so I’m not sure exhaustion should be used as an excuse just yet but where the games are coming thick and fast it’s more about managing the injury situation

6 Likes

We have 5 subs. Rest our 5 best boys and bring them on at 70 mins if needed to blitz them. Jesus, Partey, Saka/Martinelli, Odegaard coming on going for a goal will be too much for most teams.We only need a draw.

I wonder if PSV will even try for more or just accept 2nd place with a draw.

1 Like

Oh they will be up for it.

Big European night against a top side. They’ve been looking forward ever since the draw.

They’ll go all out, so I can see them winning if we go with a full B-side.

2 Likes

Did you manage to get a ticket?

Nah, couldn’t get one.

Not gonna overpay on Marktplaats either, seeing it’s confirmed we’re sending a B-team.

Has Arteta confirmed this already?

Haha no, not really confirmed I suppose :smiley:

1 Like

Tough away game . I fear these rapid fire games will be wearing the squad down .

I think we are over hyping the tired factor. We should not be fatigued.
The Europa League games have had no intensity.
We looked good first half yesterday, not being clinical was our issue.

3 Likes

That’s not how the human body works. People (not saying you) equate fatigue to looking tired, sometimes it’s simply wear and tear on the muscles and bones.

I’ve never played elite level sport, but it is logical to assume that 7 games in three weeks is going to take it’s toll on those who have been regularly starting.

Our last two league performances have looked tired.

By the same token though, a slight loss in form doesn’t have too be on tiredness.
That’s sometimes just a go too reason. We failed yesterday by just not pressing home our advantage.
We get a second goal, we would of just coasted through that game yesterday or even upped our whole intensity level.