• PSV win
  • Draw
  • Arsenal win

0 voters

Turner;
Cedric, Holding, (youth), Tierney;
Lokonga, (youth), Vieira;
Marquinhos, Nketiah, Nelson

Maybe not even start Tierney. Would be ideal for Zinchenko to gain some fitness.

As for the youth: Smith and maybe the fifteen year old

3 Likes

Don’t care play the reserves.

7 Likes

Agreed. Risk second place, League is priority.

It’s critical that we limp our way to November 22nd in the top 2 so we can rest a lot of our players during the WC and regroup/prepare for the second half of the season.

Hopefully edu and Arteta can see the importance of signing 2-3 players in January.

4 Likes

Hi guys. Has anyone got any spares for the psv away game please? Happy to take singles. Fly out first thing Thursday so can meet out there! Thank you

You say this now. But if we finish second, have to play two extra games and get a tough fixture in the play off, people will complain.

2 Likes

We can afford to lose in Eindhoven, with Zurich at home after that to put things right.

5 Likes

Maybe. But I don’t think we should be so throwaway with it.

There are some big hitters currently sitting third in their CL groups as well - Atletico, Barcelona, Juventus, Milan, Ajax. An extra two games against one of those is something we need to make sure doesn’t happen.

Yup 100 % people will complain about a 2 extra fixtures in February if we finish runners up.

Hard to predict this one, if we go with a reasonable line up we’ll avoid defeat I’m pretty certain, if we play full reserves we’ll lose.

If we do lose this one though I doubt we fail to beat Zurich and PSV beat Bodo in Norway to take top spot.

1 Like

This is a free hit.

We can afford to play the fans then concentrate on beating zurich in GW6

2 Likes

The only dilemma is the final game vs Zurich is just before a huge game against Chelsea, we really don’t want to be playing any first choice players that game.

We won’t need to.

Absolute farmers

1 Like

Play the reserves to the reserves. Let Jesus, Partey and dem man nap at home.

1 Like

Would love Zinny in midfield to give Xhaka a rest.

-------------------------Turner
-Soares–Saliba--------Holding—Tomi-
-----—-----Sambi-------Zinchenko-----------
–Nelson------Vieira-----------Marquinos–
-----------------Nketiah------------------------

Turner

Cedric - Holding - Tomi - Tierney

Sambi - Xhaka

Nelson - Vieira - Marquinhos

Nketiah

Surely there’s enough there to secure at least a point. Just defend I don’t care.

3 Likes

I’d rather keep Tierney for Forest

If Nketiah plays like this seasons Firmino then I reckon it’ll squeak us a point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He’s barely played any football this season can’t see why he shouldn’t be able to manage two games in 3 days.

3 Likes

I think this month, Oct, we have started to look very tired and laboured.
We havent been playing well the last few games and it seems to be catching up with us.
Playing first teamers in the EL games and then again on Sunday is going to start causing us problems.
I actually think the first half yesterday was the best ive seen us a play for a few weeks, but again we tired, didnt finish our chances and with the subs Mikel made it left us with no chance at the win.

I think we could lose Thursday as these games catch up with us.

City and Spurs are breathing down our neck and it won’t take more than a few knackered performances like the Southampton game for us to drop down to 3rd or 4th and then have Newcastle and Chelsea breathing down our necks and putting the pressure on.

I think it’s vitally important we rest our starters and take the risk in the EL. Top 4 gets us CL football anyway and our odds of getting top 4 are better than winning the EL.