Premier League Team of the Decade

In my opinion, Courtois is a better keeper. Accourding to footystat, he has more clean sheets, more minutes between goals. Just a better all around keeper, once again IMO.

He was quality no doubts. I just don’t think he was ever key to City’s title wins in the way Yaya and Aguero were, and KdB, Sterling and Aguero are now.

For the #10 spot in my team, my thinking was KdB > Fabregas (not chosen because he was more consistent last decade) > Silva (other 2 more key for their teams).

2 Likes

That also says something about the teams they played in, not just the individual (obvs you know this). De Gea has been playing for a banter Man U side for most of the time. But then again, to an extent you could make the argument that this has favoured perceptions of him, because he’s had far more work to do than he would have done at a better club, fsr more opportunity to impress.

For me:

De Gea; Walker, van Dijk, Kompany, Azpi; Kante, Silva, Yaya; Bale, Aguero, Hazard

Kinda wanted to put Evra and Terry in, but without checking, not sure if their work in this decade was good enough to make it in, or if they were in their prime in the previous decade. Baines is a shout for longevity, never been the best in the league but has pretty much always played to a good standard. Hard to leave Suarez out, but I guess he fucked off too soon, so loses out on grounds of longevity.

1 Like