Premier League Team of the Decade

Ffs :joy:

1 Like

I can’t understand how anyone could have a one striker system and choose anyone other than Aguero in the striking position.

The OA XI

The current City team have set new standards with the two highest points totals in PL history. But trying to remember some of these players in their pomp, and how important / influential to their respective teams is really subjective. Yaya v Fernandinho was difficult but went for my personal preference.

Feel like I want to change to squeeze Bale or Suarez in somehow, but they never actually won a title despite being superb (and then leaving the PL). VVD makes it without winning a title because there haven’t been too many standout CBs, but he looks certain to win a title this year.

Anyone who doesn’t include Yaya :triangular_flag_on_post:

3 Likes

Yaya and Aguero are shoe ins.

DDG, Yaya, Aguero, D. Silva, Hazard are the absolute shoe ins if you ask me.

3 Likes

@Electrifying @Bl1nk @TheSpecialCnut if you know you know lol

4 Likes

Some people have such short memories. Seeing quite a few teams which are based on last few years, not 10. Not just on here, but on Twitter etc too. I guess it depends on what people are looking for, but I really don’t think Robertson deserves to be in there.

2 Likes

Yep.

DDG

Azpi - Terry - Kompany - Baines

Kante - Toure - D. Silva

Hazard

Aguero - Suarez

I love that. No Liverpool shite.

Kolarov over Baines and you’ve nailed it for me.

Suarez

1 Like

Please have my previous post stricken from the record

3 Likes

KdB will go down as better than Silva imo. David Silva was a class player but not the best, it’s a hill I will die on.

Not so sure about that… that guy was basically unstoppable in his prime… He was just so dominant and unplayable for years, on a regular basis. His control and ability to dribble out of tight areas… there weren’t too many better than him in that aspect, iniesta and that’s probably it. And he still makes a big difference (he’s still basically essential for city) although he’s just a shadow of his old self.

Kdb has more end product but silva made more difference in the build up and creating stuff… if guardiola (or some other better manager than pellegrini or mancini) managed city at that time he’d probably had an even bigger legacy, although he was the best number 10 in the world for years (imo better than ozil in their primes).

1 Like

I find it interesting that people would choose DDG over Courtois.

What’s the case for Courtois over De Gea?

De Gea has longevity and performance (voted into the PFA team of the year over Courtois 4 years in a row) and he has been Man Utd’s best player, bailing out a crappy United back line. Courtois has never had to reach that level of performance with Chelsea.

Not sure why Fabregas makes so many teams. Had what, one good season this decade?

Lots of hard calls

2 Likes