Premier League fixtures 22/23

What a treat for everyone

For selfish reasons, glad first match is away as I’m away, but Palace isn’t easy. But overall a relatively favourable opening set of fixtures. Just need to get a couple of key signings done soon, especially striker, so we can hit the ground running and take advantage of I think playing any of the top 4 in August!

And our final 4 fixtures of the season aren’t too bad.

But they love giving us a second challenge after we play Spurs. Spurs followed by L’pool in Oct. I guess at least both are at home. Then Spurs followed by Utd in Jan. Hope Utd have another shitty season, but they’ll likely find a way to bounce back a bit.

Sky’s picks

Least we won’t get pumped on my birthday again which is a positive

01/10/22: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur

You have got to be kidding me. For the third time in a row I’ll miss this because of a flight. Again the home game as well. What are the fucking odds.

I really hope it gets rearranged. I bet it will be the early kick-off game.

2 Likes

It’s a disgrace

3 Likes

I think the champions should play the opening game each season tbh.

8 Likes

We’re the people’s champions

Poor you, going on holiday. Feel for you.

Yeah nice idea.

The broadcasters absolutely loved Arsenal getting pumped in the opening game of last season. Winning formula for the cunts.

So they give us Palace away this year, a place where the home atmosphere is arguably the best in the league on its day.

There’s nothing “random” about the fixtures at all.

The likes of Sky and BT absolutely run the league. I lost faith many years ago, when the 50th game of our unbeaten run just so happened to be against United at Old Trafford. Yep, the fixture machine popped that one out at random didn’t it. Fucking cunts.

7 Likes

It’s a work holiday!

Don’t forget the Rooney dive, man

6 Likes

Just stop booking flights? :wink:

It always is. We all need a job like yours

Look who is fronting this. They know we’re going to be sealing the league on the final day

1 Like

Did they tell him to look weird as possible in the photoshoot or something

5 Likes

Our players are going to have 20 Arsenal matches plus likely two international matches in the span between 8/27 and 11/12. That’s 22 matches in 78 days.

I don’t think we can just blow off the Europa League group stage matches either. With the new format the quality is higher overall and there is a big incentive to win your group as the second place team from the group has to play an extra round of games in February and that round is against one of the teams dropping down from the CL so it is likely to be a tough tie. I can see some guys like Hutchinson and Patino getting a little run in those matches but we’re not going to be fielding a youth team or anything.

It’s a completely brutal schedule and we’re going to need a lot of depth.

1 Like

Only an 11 week turnaround between seasons, wild to think 6 or 7 weeks the new season takes off.