Pre-season 2021

I thought the whole point was that you’re on meds after the implant to keep the hair from falling out. What a scam!

I assume Rob went somewhere a tad more upscale. He was in the States earlier this summer. Probably got some work done in LA. It’s what I would do.

@GC-Maniac a mess at defending corners. Good thing we’re signing a CB who comes from a well drilled defensive team…

5 Likes

One of those games was where we played Yaya toure on trial I’m pretty sure. Back then I don’t think any first or even bench players played friendlies that early on.

Do you remember the doom and gloom ahead of the 2003/04 season? Chelsea trying to unsettle Henry and Vieira. Man United almost signing Ronaldinho. Every other week getting an obituary like article from that fat walrus cunt Martin Samuel in the NOTW.

Still a remarkable achievement whenever we look back on it.

4 Likes

I remember all I was reading about was everyone talking about Chelsea and they will take our place etc. I personally remember being annoyed we didn’t sign a midfielder (forgot who we were linked with at the time) when sol got sent off and viera got injured vs utd it showed how poor our depth was in 2002/03.

1 Like

Yeah, if anything we got rid of Gio in summer 2003.

Did we sign anyone that summer apart from Lehmann?

I miss the pre season games vs Barnet

5 Likes

What’s the overall opinion of the 2 preseason games ?
Good , bad or in for a long season again ?

Wouldn’t read much into the results Ash. Rangers will finish higher than Hibs.

3 Likes

Hard to judge so early into preseason. Lads looked fitter in the second game so I guess preseason is working as expected.
There are some stuff you can pick up but I think things will become clearer with the Florida Cup and then the games against Chelsea and Spurs.

1 Like

personally with how things are going pre-season i would say it is close to 100% fact that we will win the league by a huge margin :pepe1:

1 Like

See above. It’s been decided that we’re winning the league. Probably go unbeaten too.

1 Like

If next season involves a lot of jumping I don’t think anyone will be as well prepared as we are!

1 Like

Italian media is reporting that Inter are pulling out of the Florida Cup tournament due to concerns about Delta.

So what do we do? Fly all the way to the US just to train and only play one match?

1 Like

These are tactics from the Italians to get Bellerin.
You ain’t fooling me nerazzurri. :bellerin:

Why are we going to America anyway?

Oh yeah I forgot

:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

3 Likes

We’re not going.

1 Like

Mental this was even a thing to begin with. Preseason global traveling was stupid af before Covid. I just know the way things are going we’re going to be watching another 80 percent of the season without fans.

2 Likes

Gotta give Arteta another season minimum now. Yet another disrupted season. We are getting robbed of greatness here.

1 Like

Means we only miss the Inter friendly, right?