Pre-season 2021

Good save but I think that was a terrible finish.

How was Tierney’s reception did he get booed? :joy:

Yeah, but only 2k fans so not that noticeable lol

1 Like

True, that’s the kinda finish expect from Nketiah. :arteta:

Eddie :telephone_receiver::telephone_receiver::telephone_receiver::telephone_receiver:

Decent finish tbf

Goalkeeper should have got that imo

Lethal from Nketiah there. Auba should take notes.

Elephant and Castle getting a mention. Great name for a place tbf

This commentator is Scottish as fuck haha

Am impressed by what I have seen so far. I think we have a strong chance of finishing in the top 4 this season, in Scotland.

2 Likes

Good match for the lads to get fit. Players who have looked a bit rusty earlier this week looked better today.

Don’t care much about the results yet.

1 Like

Tbf that’s probably our level right now. Arteta’s level as a coach too. Tight at the back, no creativity, lots of crosses. Agricultural!

We really are gargantuan. What other team gets as much exposure for their friendlies? FYI, we’re not the only big team that lost a match in preseason.

4 Likes

I think it’s a combination of things but the press always needs one large-ish team to be in crisis and Arsenal are, whether you like Arteta or not, in a very precarious position.

Throw in the huge social media presence the club has from supporters but also trolls who like to make fun of supporters and it’s content gold!

Just for example, Everton and Spurs look like they’re in a lot of trouble but you aren’t going to mine a lot of clicks from casual Dortmund fans on an Everton or Spurs hit piece.

You will, however, mine a ton of clicks from random Juventus fans on an Arsenal hit piece who comment stuff like “No way Locatelli would want to go that loser club!” or Leicester fans talking shit about how amazing their owners are and Arsenal’s owners are awful.

1 Like

Yeh I watched a kid on YouTube get one for free who’s routines I follow. He got it for free but had to document the entire process. Looked grim af too like being scalped.

1 Like

It’s only pre season but sounds like we’re an absolute mess defensively?

We’ve only scored 3 goals but have created loads of chances ?

2 Likes

xG, babyyyyy :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, we’re a bit of mess at defending corners. Sounds like the new set piece coach has his work cut out.