Pre-2000s Football

Fuck you bro, you forget which forum you’re on?

6 Likes

You know Nayim was a spud. I mean you really do know he was a fucking spud. Update needed here.

The Nayim from the halfway line narrative around that goal always bugged me because he wasn’t anywhere near the fucking halfway line.

Obviously the goal itself also bugged me and I’m pretty sure that’s the only time a game of football made me cry.

3 Likes

I agree with the heartbreak thing. We looked invincible in Europe for a couple of years (in spite of our indifferent form in the league)

Hurt more losing in '95 than it did in 2000, 2006 or 2019.

1 Like

Nah 2006 was far worse. I just wasn’t 12 years old for that one.

2 Likes

So many finals that Arsenal haven’t performed in though.
72 Leeds. 78 Ipswich. 80 West Ham. 80 Valencia. 95 above. City, Chelsea last year. Too fucking many no shows.

1 Like

Birmingham City 2011

2 Likes

Swindon by all accounts I suppose.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve opened up a can of worms with League Cup defeats lol

90’s version of the great draft?

Let’s go again, this time, it’s the 1994 World Cup.

Italy, Holland, Brazil and Argentina’s are simple and effective, the formula has been established and they’ve stuck to it.

Personal favourites are Germany, Bulgaria, Mexico and Spain.

@shamrockgooner that’s an iconic Ireland number there.

@Gladiator, @oompa and @Ocke, I’m loving the Adidas templates for Bulgaria and Sweden (and Norway and Romania, though Norway’s isn’t very nice imo)

@SRCJJand @wilshambition sorry to say this but Morocco’s effort is absolute trash, quite comfortably the worst kit on display at the tournament. (Yes, at least you were at the tournament. Thought that as an Englishman I’d nip that retort in the bud :grin:)

6 Likes

Haha mate that Morocco kit is ugly. I’d go with Brazil, Italy and Netherlands for this one.

I can’t even defend that kit lol

5 Likes

:joy::joy: that kit is undefendable.

I’d go with Brazil, Netherlands and Nigeria’s away kit, though it’s not on the pic.

1 Like

Swedish away, Brazil away and USA for me :joy::see_no_evil:
Remember that Cameroon didn’t have enough shirts so they had to write Roger Millers name on the back with a black marker. The guy who did it got it wrong though and spelled it “Miller”.

1 Like

I like all the 90s German kits with random shapes making up the flag.

Something that often irks me (for no sensible reason) on international kits is the lack of cohesion with the flag, e.g. Argentina are always strong, but England rarely have any red and Germany nowadays often just have a white/black kit with very little reference to the flag.

1 Like

One of the most underrated team goals? So many passes. Lovely goal.

2 Likes

It’s an absolute crime that this has never happened

1 Like

If the crusaders had a football team.

4 Likes

They do in Northern Ireland.

3 Likes