Podcasts & Audiobooks

Have you tried Tifo?

Genuine question not a Roganism

Moron is probably a bit strong, he’s just not the sharpest bulb in the shed. For instance:

• It took him years to figure out we landed on the moon, unlike everyone else in the world.
  • He believes humans will be able to read each other’s minds in the future.
  • Aliens
  • His many, often conflicting, 9/11 theories.

Are just the highlights.

But the thing that really gets me is he is almost constantly pushing some ridiculous form of pseudoscience. He has a tendency to take what people say out of context and apply it to things that don’t make technical sense.

However, when it comes to MMA the dude knows his shit. I will always listen to what he has to say about UFC or any form of MMA because it’s going to be on point.

Like?

Jesus Jules… That’s going to take me a minute.

1 Like

I like Rogan but he’s kinda right. Just one example is his take on DMT. I’ve heard him specifically say that the body releases the substance while we sleep and it is a component in dreams, which is only a theory yet he represents it as a fact. The human body produces DMT but scientists aren’t exactly sure why or how our body uses it. Either he isn’t aware of the truth or presents it in a certain manner for entertainment purposes.

1 Like

I don’t think I could stick out one of Rogan’s epicly long podcasts, but I do occasionally find myself just watching clips on YouTube. I really enjoy Joey Diaz telling stories from his cocaine days lol.

Dude looks likes he’s one chicken wing/fat line away from a massive heart attack.

I tend to never like celebrities on podcasts or rather Podcasts are the only medium where I don’t mind listening to commoners.
Conan & Ron Burgundy have joined the podcast world but I can’t get myself to hear them

On Visual medium, once the commoners become popular, they tend to change; but podcast the way it works, keep them grounded and I enjoy their normal experiences bit more than say on a youtube channel.

Another recommendation from my side for comedic story telling would be
http://citationpod.com/

If you could bear the excessive laughter, it’s really funny especially their skits.

It’s a very good theory. I certainly can’t think of another reason why our bodies would naturally produce one of the most powerful hallucinogens.

What’s more strange is why plants have it.

1 Like

I agree 1,000% with you and it’s such an interesting topic, just like I said he presented it in a somewhat not truthful manner, still entertaining tho which is the goal is it not? I see @NeedCoffee’s point is all, I personally am entertained by Rogan myself.

Yes, exactly. Rogan isn’t setting himself up as some sort of expert on anything, mma aside which is why I think he now distinguishes those as their own distinct thing.

Look, I realize this is probably just me being uptight. And to be fair it’s not just Joe Rogan I have this problem with. Don’t get me started on quacks like Dr. Oz and Deepak Chopra.

It’s a theory that has no basis in fact. And he doesn’t have the expertise to make any sort of claim about what it could be. Then he hides behind self deprecation.

And that’s my problem with him. He acts authoritative on subjects like “toxins in my coffee” or other such nonsense without actually knowing anything about it. And when it turns out that he was full of shit and the “toxins” he was going on about don’t exist he just says “Hey I’m just asking questions”.

Like you, I think he’s a fairly funny guy and I enjoy some of his podcasts. But this has always bugged me about him.

1 Like

That’s not true at all. The human body produces DMT, and DMT experiences are a lot like lucid dreams.

We may not know for sure why or where we produce it, but it doesn’t seem a great leap to suggest it plays a part in dreams.

What’s the evidence that dreams are caused by DMT?

That is the original claim that NC has said has no basis

I just answered that :slight_smile:

You didn’t provide any evidence at all lol. You’ve just said it doesn’t seem like a great leap to you.

There’s no way to prove it. Any evidence is purely anecdotal.

So I can tell you I’ve had both, and they are so similar it’s freaky, but that would still be anecdotal.

1 Like

Respected scientists are the ones that have hypothesized about it being released while dreaming tbf because of it being found in the pineal gland in the brain, so it’s not an off the wall idea, especially considering our blood transports dmt to bodily tissue. Still being researched and not proven tho.

Then…

You’re all over the place haha

Pseudoscience!!

Nope.