Podcasts & Audiobooks

I recently posted that on Science thread. It’s a great podcast

1 Like

That may be where I got it from. Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

So why is he a moron? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m on my phone at the moment but can you download these or can they only be streamed?

Oh yeah you can download them man, should be able to find it on any podcast app.

I use one called “Podcast Player” but there are loads on the app store and pretty sure they all offer the same podcasts for download.

1 Like

Awesome, gonna check it out in a bit :+1:

1 Like

Guest: Says something unbelievably outlandish. Bordering on actual stupidity

Rogan: “oh wow. That’s crazy.”

5 Likes

Does anyone listen to their podcasts speeded up? I’m able to listen to most of what I listen to at 1.5 speed now. Means I run out of podcasts quicker though. :santi:

You’re fucking insane man.

I swear this is true, this morning on the train for the first time ever I noticed the button to change the speed at which it plays, and I thought “what fucking madman would use that?” haha

All i’ll say is don’t knock it til you’ve tried it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I listen at 1.15-1.25x often for audiobooks and most podcasts. After about 30 seconds I really can’t tell the difference.

2 Likes

Sped up podcast are infact better imo. There are plenty of quality podcasters but they speak slowly & lose interest of their subscribers.
I prefer 1.25 or 1.5.

Try it.

I enjoy podcasts at normal speed. If I really enjoy something there is only a finite amount of, I don’t want to run out of it faster than I have to. So I’m not going to start doing this.

But I appreciate what you are all saying, fair play if it actually works well for you.

But…MORE CONTENT!!!

Nah I asked cos I was interested in what others did. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do they not go all alvin and the chipmonks style lol?

No, most people actually speak pretty slowly. Took me a long time to be able to listen to arsecast at 1.25 cos he actually speaks fairly fast compared to most.

1 Like

This especially works a miracle for video tutorials/courses.
Lecturers tend to speak slowly so everyone understand properly, so even if you speed by 2x, it is comfortable to listen to.
Infact I tend to lose focus when one of their pauses allow my mind to wander around.

This way, I don’t have to spend 20hours on one course.

Could definitely imagine it working well for lectures to be fair

Downloaded and listened to his first podcast with Louis Theroux, about breakfast buffet etiquette and it was very funny! I’ve downloaded a few more for the journey home tonight, thanks for the recommendation :smile:

1 Like

Yea I’m a few episodes in. He’s a silly bastard which I absolutely love. :smile:

1 Like