PL title race 22/23

Look at the replies, lmao.
So many people think City will nick it. Even the people I chat to directly have this idea City will never drop points again till the rest of the season.

Like they didn’t just scrape past Palace and dropped points against Forest a few weeks ago.

Don’t get me wrong, can see City having an almost perfect record at Etihad till May, but they’re far from reliable away from home. They will absolutely drop points again, and so will we.

Yep, every single one of my mates is totally convinced that City will win it.

They all cite Arsenal’s “weak mentality” and ability to bottle/snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as their reasoning.

They still have to play Brentford, Fulham and Brighton away. We may have made Fulham look like bums yesterday but that should tell you more about us than them.

City also have a late trip at Everton in May who will probably still be fighting to stay in the league. The same Everton that they dropped points against at Etihad btw. If they think Lampard shithoused that result, wait till Dyche parks a double decker bus in front of Pickford’s goal and have the Goodison Park rooting for them.

1 Like

Before demolishing Fulham there were plenty of people here shitting themselves about not being able to get a result.
Fans of both Arsenal and City are gonna say looking ahead at their respective fixtures oh we should win this or oh they’re gonna slip up here.
As has been proven this season results are all over the place, one thing I’ve learned watching football is to take one game at a time and enjoy the ride.

5 Likes

I want to win at the Etihad, Jesus will have a point to prove as well.

Win there.

9 Likes

I don’t think the weak mentality argument is there anymore. Even the recent bad stretch we had wasn’t down to that imo.

I do think city have just as much chance as we do, given the H2H game and any additional slip up swings it. Not mad if people think city will win it and not even convinced myself that they won’t, but it’ll be a close race unless we get major injuries.

Time and again we’ve shown we’re here to play.

4 Likes

City might well win it because they’re just damn good, but I agree it won’t be because of this so called week mentality soft underbelly we’ve seen on arsenal sides over the last 15 years. We had a blip of 1/9 and Arsenal sides of the past probably turn that into a 10 point funk over 10 games after the damaging loss to City. This Arsenal team has gone on to take 15/15 since the blip, including 3 away wins and 94th and 97th min winners.

This title is two top 5 sides in Europe going hammer and tong, yeah I said it, we’re a top 5 side in Europe based on the last 7 months… 5 point lead 11 to play, honestly it’s anyone’s guess who’ll win it, but we’re in it up to our eyeballs.

8 Likes

A few slips ups will probably happen for both us and City, but its probably the first time in a while where I’m confident we can get points in any games. Even the fixture at the etihad. Always a good thing to have a team like that while you’re in a title fight so deep into the season.

5 Likes

We’ve lost twice to City this season, third time’s the charm.

We’ve got a great away record and something to prove, so I think we stand a good chance of getting something against them.

Arteta, Zinchenko and Jesus will all have points to prove as well.

1 Like

Being the better team too despite key absences. Not like we were outclassed. If we can go to Etihad with a little bit of momentum and with our best players fit and available I think we can get something there.

3 Likes

The 2No half performance at the emirates make me worried. I thought we were complete and utterly outclassed.

That’s true we struggled to play out and deal with the City press 2nd half, this is where I think having a fit Partey will be fucking massive.

1 Like

We go to the Etihad with (presumably) Jesus and Partey fit. That will be the difference compared to the two games we already played against them this season.

2 Likes

Nah, we beat ourselves that day. City were extremely efficient mind you but we gifted them pretty much all 3 goals, along some other big openings.

Was the result deserved? Absolutely.
But we played the biggest part in that defeat.

https://www.tiktok.com/@jonathanmorleylfc/video/7209692398652378374?_t=8abywTkQqLm&_r=1

Salty bastard

5 Likes

I thought they misreported this because this wouldn’t be possible in the centurions season but actually, they specifically omitted that season.

Btw, if we do manage to win the league this season Arteta will have the team’s motivation ready. Outdo the Invincibles and the Centurions.

1 Like

Time to win Arsenal a CL.

4 Likes

If we win the PL this season I think that we will get more than 90 points.

That would mean City got at least 29 points from 11 games.
City has done it before so I won’t be surprised but that would be a fantastic run to drop only 4 points from their remaining games.