Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Don’t think it’s xenophobic to imply that French football culture in the academies etc. is clearly problematic given the insane number of scandals and issues constantly being reported.

Mendy’s rape case isn’t the only example of sexual impropriety, just the most high profile one (if you ignore Ribery and co. shagging underage girls). The list compiled by that French journo was comprehensive and shocking.

Yeah fair but was more responding to the opinion of steering clear of the League for possible transfers based on that.
For all those allegations France and them academies are producing some of the best talent in world football right now.

1 Like

True but I can definitely see why a club like Man City would be more cautious if there’s a standard of misbehaviour more prevalent in these French youth players than in Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese players etc.

It seems like the French academies aren’t strict enough and let the lads get away with this bad behaviour.

Feels like you see way more high level bad scandals involving French players than others.

1 Like

I think it depends on how you define scandalous, going out partying is pretty normal behaviour for any young person.
Yeah there are a few twats that go way too far and use their fame and money to commit abuse, but footballers have become so sanitised and the media have put them on a pedestal so that they have to be some sort of moral role model for everyone else.
Basically I’m just trying to say footballers have become boring cunts.
Google a player called Robin Friday, a player like him wouldn’t be allowed to exist today.

1 Like

Got his book at Christmas.

Is it worth buying I’ve only read various articles about him on the net over the years?

1 Like

Yeah mate it really is. Lower Leagues George Best with some good laughs along the way. Sad end though but not forgotten by those who seen him.

1 Like

Fucking hell, they literally shipped him back to us and told us “He’s you problem now”. :rofl:

2 Likes

Erm, I’ve just seen this.

What is going on with PEA? :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Has it become a sex abuse scandal now ffs

9 Likes

Someone was talking about it yesterday. Interesting…

If Auba is willing to go, we absolutely have to take that offer.

2 Likes

** Gunners still mulling offer.**

Why?
He’s a liability that Arteta doesn’t want who’s on 300k a week and running down his contract.

2 Likes

Would be a good move for him. Financially he’s probably going to earn as much, if not more there whilst also playing at a much lower level that he can eat alive for a few more years.

I still think he can produce at a high level elsewhere but I wouldn’t blame him for getting out of the spotlight for a bit and enjoying his wealth

1 Like

Because we may get a better offer(doubt it with all the bad press) or we might need to reintegrate him into the team.
I would still sell personally.

3 Likes

Pretty bad to bring up heart issues as a cover story if this was the real truth. There are better stories to make up rather than one that would cause significant hesitation among any interested clubs. For that reason I don’t believe the hotel escapades stuff. If the heart issues stuff was fake I would imagine Arsenal would be quick to state it as false.

Why would he? Auba isn’t a mercenary people on here told me :thinking: :grimacing: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the offer is contingent upon his heart checking out OK and we are doing that evaluation right now.

I really doubt we get a better offer. IMO, he probably has negative value when you consider his contract vis-a-vis his production, even before factoring in the off-field stuff, so if somebody is offering to pay his full wages plus give us 8m euro you take that in a cocaine heartbeat.

1 Like

Arteta’s statements (posted in the thread) imply that the situation isn’t very clear or wasn’t explained well by his NT.

1 Like