Pictures of OA members

Nope. Not for me at all.

I can understand you would look odd wearing a helmet in Denmark (or Holland) when no one else is, but like @JakeyBoy said, it’s just not worth the risk. And since you are in London, you really ought to wear a helmet mate.

You might ride for years and never have an incident where you needed a helmet and then have that one incident where you’d regret not wearing one. It’s best to be safe.

1 Like

The roads in Denmark are nowhere near as mental as here. Plus I’d imagine they are a tad more civilised too.

2 Likes

Also, that is cool and all that. But if I saw someone on a busy road cycling without a helmet, I’d immediately think “TWAT!”

I know some guys thinks it is cool and all that. But just giving my opinion.

I go to centre parks and cycle around with no helmet… But on a proper main road? Nah.

I know a guy who was hit by a lorry as a kid on his bike. He was 6. Shattered his skull. He was airlifted to hospital. And spent like 2 months in Great Ormond Street.

Fortunately he lived to tell the tale. But his mum and dad were warned at one point that they should say their goodbyes.

But in conclusion, He was saved by the air Ambulance getting him to the hospital he needed to get to.

He did the London Marathon for Essex and Herts Air Ambulance. In 3 and a half hours. Great time, I know.

But my main point is what I learnt, It costs the air ambulance £2.5k for every trip they make. So if you are a grown man and choose to be a prick and not wear a helmet when you know you’ll be around cars, then you are a knobhead.

4 Likes

Lol weird euros and your weird cycle etiquette. This is how we cycle in New Zealand:

14 Likes

Ok ok I’ll wear a helmet! Thanks for your concern all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Seems decent value tbh.

For what?

Just thought it’d be more to deploy a helicopter.

Don’t, you will lose all the volume of your hair. I wore motorcycle helmet for years & now my hair have erectile dysfunction.

What’s more important? Health or Hair?

Beard.

4 Likes

Do you wear a helmet inside your car?

1 Like

Don’t fall for it. New Zealand doesn’t exist.

That’s Finland you’re thinking of.

1 Like

No. This is not ok.

Like in Herts and Essex, they only have enough for 1 helicopter for both counties. A lot of work goes into deploying it. An ambulance is obviously first consideration. Then if they establish it is bad they send the helicopter.

So if more than one person over 2 counties gets seriously hurt in the same day then it’s pot luck who gets helped first.

I always give my donations to Air Ambulance now.

1 Like

What’s not ok exactly?

1 Like

You seem too accepting of it

I think he was just saying that he thought it’d cost much more than 2.5k to send the chopper out.

3 Likes

Yeah what’s £2.5k to save a life.

When you consider a simple ambulance ride in the US is $5,000-$8,000

4 Likes

Accepting of what?

I’m surprised it doesn’t cost more. That’s literally my only input here so far.