Phones Thread

Considering I just wasted half an hour on windows buying left backs on FIFA 15 to see who has better potential to be special(before I spend actual virtual euros on them), I could do with a laptop that doesn’t give me the option to install a game.

1 Like

I do love the OnePlus in terms of UI. It’s very Android native like. However, I moved on from it do to size. Ended up with the Pixel 3a and now moving back to iPhone. I wish I could get the 13 Pro for that 120 adaptive refresh rate, but again, too big. I want the mini and it’ll still perform miles ahead of what I actually need. And Google has gone insane with screen size. That 6 is going to be huge. I miss being able to use my phone with 1 hand.

1 Like

Yep when you hold a mini in your hands, you forget how good it was when phones were smaller. Granted I got large hands and long fingers so I can just about use a pro max with one hand, but it is uncomfortable. The 13 mini addressed the issue with battery life so it is a legit option for those who prefer a smaller handset. Problem is the phones are expensive even when you get them on a contract.

3 Likes

I’ve got small hands, so definitely prefer the smaller form factor. I’m gonna order and opt for the 0% payment option. I don’t do contracts and can’t afford to pay outright. If I didn’t have £370 coming out each month until Feb for my Snug sofa, the. I’d buy via Amazon with their 5 month payment option, but for now it’ll be the 24 month one. Going for the 256GB one too.

Buy the time I could afford the mini 12 it was almost summer so I opted to wait know the battery life word be improved. I’m getting far more than I was hoping for, so glad I waited. Just wish they had it in Purple. Gonna get the midnight option. Can’t wait much longer as my Pixel 3a had gotten to glitchy and slow.

1 Like

Instead of the 256gb I have got the 128gb and an iCloud subscription plan for 3 euros a month and 200gb cloud storage.

2 Likes

I’ve always gone for the basic. Glad to see the minimum raised to 128GB, but still worried I go through that even with my cloud storage. I also tend to keep my phone for about 3 years, so a lot of space goes to the updates. Gets annoying having to clear my phone. With a kid I tend to take a lot of videos, so space can go quickly.

2 Likes

Don’t know if it applies to you, but I thought I heard somewhere that if you’re an Amazon Prime customer you get unlimited storage on Amazon’s cloud.

2 Likes

Yep, for Photos. I used it, swapped from Google Photos when they stopped offering full res free to Pixel owners. They keep full res too. Cap on videos.

2 Likes

My iPhone 13 mini is arriving on Monday. Can’t wait! Wicker delivery than expected as checkout said the 25th. But now I’ll have it before my in-laws arrive and half-term adventures start with my son. It’ll be all ready to take loads of pics and vids.

I know many love the blue, but not my shade. Would’ve preferred a more teal colour. Wish there was a purple option. Ended up going with midnight which seems to look blue in some light. It’ll be in a case anyway, and as usual, that’s scheduled to arrive tomorrow to I have it before my phone. Can’t wait.

It’ll be an adjustment as I haven’t used iOS since iOS12, and that’s on my old iPad mini. And I’ve never used face unlock.

2 Likes

Nice :ok_hand:t4: One bro, sure your going to love it. Cameras have been massively improved, and as the best camera you have is the one on hand it I’m sure you will get lots of amazing shots of the little one and in laws when they arrive.

iOS has improved significantly since iOS 12 and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Also will recommend getting a screen protector from Amazon, these screens are better a protecting for cracks but worse for scratches and can pick up little ones even when you don’t have anything in your pockets!

1 Like

So looking forward to one-handed use! And I got a screen protector arriving with the case. Always aim to have both arrive before my phone. Of they don’t, then my phone doesn’t get opened. I’m forever dropping it and my little likes to be ‘helpful’ by picking it up from wherever I put it and handing it to me. Not risking it.

1 Like

:joy: Yeah same here, these new all glass phones are hella slippy as well. Slide and fall of all kinds of surfaces.

1 Like

It’s really annoying the other half that I’m still using my I phone 8 after 3.5 years when I could have upgraded my phone 1.5 years ago without charge.

I’m a creature of habit, set in my ways until the phone dies in the arse.

2 Likes

I still have my 6s. Battery is so poor though and not enough space. I used it for 3-3.5 years. Wasn’t impressed with the new iPhones enough to upgrade. Decided to give Android and got a OnePlus (too big) and then the Pixel 3a (great for the 1st year but tired of bugs and how slow it has gotten). Decided to go back to the iPhone and it was the perfect time with the mini. It’ll be my phone for the next 3 years.

I’ve never been one to buy a new model every year for phone, tablets or laptops. Still have the iPad mini 2 (although it’s getting upgraded at Christmas) and my 2013 MacBook Pro (love the keyboard in this model).

3 Likes

One of the biggest selling points for me to stick with iOS

2 Likes

Eh?

My ‘OnePlus’ is 3.5 years old now, so I have stopped updating the OS since the start of the year.
Speed remains intact.
I will utilize this tactic with every damn phone(iPad & Mac as well) out there till it is definitive that these fuckers have stopped doing these underhanded tactics.

True regarding the slowing down. But it’s definitely less buggy than android. That’s what I meant

My issue with OnePlus, as said in previous posts, is the size. It’s the best Android phone I’ve ever used. It’s sleek skin improves stock android, imo. One of the features I love is reading mode. I loved that it automatically adjusts to a kindle like screen when reading. And that’s for most things. But I just couldn’t deal with the size. I’m 5’2" with tiny hands, so it was a pain, especially when u was still juggling a buggy and an under 3.

I get that Apple was found guilty of that, but even Android phones, whether intentional or not, really slow down after 2-3 years. I do think there are varying factors.

There is a phone for everyone. I would never push an iPhone or an Android on someone. It depends on what’s on offer, how much the UI/UX matters (and what’s important to you in that space), size preference, cost requirements and so on. But after a few years now of Android, I’m done. It just doesn’t do it for me.

2 Likes

iPhone 13 Pro Max arriving in the mail tomorrow. Could have had the Pro a month ago but thought I may as well wait a little longer to get the model I’d prefer for my needs.

Haven’t upgraded since getting the 7 Plus back in early 2017. Should be a lot of fun.

3 Likes

Yeh Apple are notorious for this, my OnePlus is around the same age and I always update, I actually feel like it runs smoother after them lol just so you know.

I’d say a lot of companies pull this slow down shit it just isn’t something I’ve noticed on the OnePlus yet but I think it would hurt them more than a bigger company. Most of OnePlus’ business probably comes from word of mouth about how good they are technically, whereas big firms like Apple know they can get away with fuckery.