Pets

Our little guy has been struggling the last couple days. Started with diarrhoea and lethargy, and now has moved to hiding under the bed, twitching fits and being completely unresponsive and disinterested in food.

Two vet visits, nearly £400 down and no real identification of what’s wrong. Ah I am so stressed right now.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that man, fingers crossed they get to the bottom of it soon.

1 Like

Thanks mate, me too.

More than likely has got pancreatitis, you can get some pancreatic enzymes and they will slowly get back to eating again. Have a look at a supplement called Panzym, reviewers mention the same thing pet has the runs and are off food.

1 Like

So his digestive system has pretty much stopped functioning. We still don’t know for sure but the vet suspects he could have ingested something toxic. He’s not eaten for a whole week so he’s purely living on IV for hydration at the moment. Putting him to sleep is becoming a real possibility if the current dosage of meds doesn’t do anything in the next day or so.

On top of that my missus is currently in Canada for the weekend due to a bereavement and I don’t really know how to tell her this. When it rains it really does pour.

I dunno why I’m venting but I guess it helps when I’m so helpless.

Mate that is genuinely so shit, I really really hope the medicine does it’s job and he pulls through.

So sorry you’re going through this, pets aren’t just pets, they’re family.

1 Like

Thats awful mate. Hope he pulls through.

1 Like

wow really sorry to hear that, hope all goes well and he pulls through. If it is something he has ingested maybe get some fine activated charcoal and put it in water and get him to drink it. it should bind to the toxins and help draw them out of his system.

1 Like

Ah mate that’s rough. Everything crossed for you and hopefully he pulls out of it.

1 Like

Fuck dude that’s absolutely horrible :rage:. Hopefully a miracle comes through for you :pray:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/thegallowboob/status/1708939766618890247?s=48&t=jGB9xVeZZgG8QMnSZzToFQ

5 Likes

This’ll be the last time I bore anyone with my life stories. Look who’s home :slightly_smiling_face: A few scars from his battles but hopefully we’ve made it!

17 Likes

Great news! Pleased to hear he is on the mend

1 Like

Yes! Wonderful news, thanks for the update - hope he stays well!!

1 Like

Bro I’m so stoked for you, amazing news!! Surely this ordeal will be excellent supporting evidence for increased treats

4 Likes

Yes echo is too spoilt.

7 Likes

We were supposed to be up in Belfast for a few nights but this fella had other ideas. One of his nails/claws got caught on something in the car and essentially tore off. Poor guy is miserable but on some good painkillers.

9 Likes

Nooo :santi:

Get well soon :chester:

1 Like

Aww that sucks, Poppy’s ripped her dew claws out like 6 times. They’ve just stopped growing back now thankfully, just little nubbins.

1 Like

Six times :fearful: