Pets

If I didn’t have enough dogs as it is I would love a Cane Corso, so friendly with kids and cats but so imposing strangers are wary , perfect as a guard dog. Definitely would make the wild boar think twice about raiding my land

1 Like

Yeah big dogs like that get a really unfair rep, some of the sweetest and gentlest dogs I know are Staffies and mastiffs

1 Like

Here’s my kitten Sonic, he’s a little shit but very cute. Getting him a buddy this weekend too hopepfully :grin:

14 Likes

I’m part of a group called the IRA (no not that one!), I’m involved in fundraising and the rescue of abused animals which is a massive problem here in Portugal. This protest here in Lisbon was against the government who are saying whether the abuse of animals should be a crime.
The amount of people who turned up was staggering and I’m glad there is so much support for a cause that so many people believe in.
The abuse I’ve encountered has been heartbreaking and cannot understand why a government cannot relate to this.
So to everyone who has pets give them an extra hug from me and to those who don’t they are family too :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Every time I see this thread bumped I worry someone’s pet has died :sweat:

2 Likes

Urgh stop.

On our way back from our holiday we had to go to a vet in the US for a worming pill (Uk regulation to travel back in) and she did a general check on poppy and she was like “well I assume you know about her stage 3 heart murmur” cue my shocked face and my girlfriend bursting into floods of tears.

We did not, in fact, know about her stage 3 heart murmur. In fact no vet has ever told us she has a murmur and she gets check ups several times a year. Soooooo.

My gf was of course convinced that Poppy’s days were numbered but it turns out that a stage 3 heart murmur can mean a lot of things and that it’s commonly misdiagnosed so we’re gonna get a second opinion soon.

Just love your pets guys.

@Jesseviolin thats amazing!! Good to see such engagement from people!

The stray cat and dog situation when I lived in Marbella was horrific, so many everywhere and too many for them to euthanise properly so they used to just round them up and gas them in garages with Carbon monoxide.

Thankfully it’s gotten a lot better in the last 10-15 years since I moved but man the Iberians really cheat animals like shit.

Don’t get me started on the rabbit hunting Podenco dogs.

3 Likes

I have two Portuguese Podenco dogs mother and son who wouldn’t say boo to a goose, a couple of my cats use them as fluffy pillows when it’s chilly lol.

3 Likes

Could have done without reading that garage paragraph. Grim.

He goes to the gym with him

1 Like

Giroud looking fit these days

5 Likes

Built him a little shed!

12 Likes

Needs a door mat that says “Come back with a warrant”

Edit: In Dutch obviously

2 Likes

Haha I’ve got a chicken coop for my cats they never use it though just sleep in the big box it came in

2 Likes

that face says ‘no one else touches this ok, i am watching you’

1 Like

This is such a cat thing to do lol

3 Likes

Got our cat a little sibling, well he forced himself into our home. They’re still working out if they’re friends or not but we’re heading in the right direction.

12 Likes

Here’s a few of Poppy snoozing from today - it’s her favourite past time apart from barking at people outside and chasing her ball

13 Likes

I really need to get myself a dog, although not sure I’d allow them on the sofa…I’d probably just be on the floor with them constantly instead!

She sleeps in bed with us as well.

I tried implementing a no bed or sofa rule at the start but man she’s such a snuggler it was just never gonna be enforced .

2 Likes

I could budge on the sofa but not the bed. I’m not sure if I could sleep!