Petr Cech

Mav, there’s more than enough reason for us to do that as a club without a EL win

What an weird end of career for Cech!

A major final against Chelsea.

i hope he doesnt play, no room for sentiment i have a bad feeling he could fuck us have you seen him trying to save some simple strikes he looks like an old man.

2 Likes

Petr Cech is going to be working for Chelsea after he hangs up his boots…

Collusion. Alls i’m saying.

1 Like

He has done his part getting us here but dont need the focus of the final being all about sentiment. Its a huge game and we bought a keeper for big nights. Just play Leno and give Cech the Burnley game.

6 Likes

I think there is zero chance he doesn’t play but I really hope we aren’t doing this European keeper bollocks next season.

9 Likes

Dont think we will in the CL.:wink:

He’s been professional since he joined us and he seems like a nice guy. Just feel like he was passing down the years when he joined us, no secret he wanted to stay in London for his kids sake and that he clearly loves Chelsea. I personally would play him in the final, if he’s joining Chelsea’s staff this summer. I would have played Leno from the knockout stages onwards.

I don’t think he be fondly remembered here at Arsenal as he will at Chelsea. I don’t think he’s been that great for us, he cost us quite a few points and you can see his style of GK doesn’t work with Emery’s style. He hasn’t been a flop but he hasn’t been a major success either imo.

2 Likes

Gonna be our MOTM in the final 🖒🖒

I think there was a bigger gulf between Cech and Ospina at that time than there is now between Leno and Cech. That’s why I don’t particularly care if Cech plays. I’m more concerned about players elsewhere on the pitch.

And Cech is the ultimate professional so I definitely have no concerns about his Chelsea connections.

1 Like

what worries me is what happens if this match goes to penalties (unlikely i know) but if it does and we are stuck with this geriatric we will be fucked he is not very good at saving them, and you would have to back chelsea.

You get an extra sub in extra time, can show Chelsea how it’s done :smile:

1 Like

Might be a bigger problem for Sarri that one.:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I get he’s a PL legend but he’s been pretty fucking shit for us at times so I’m beyond glad to see the back of him.

I’ll always associate Cech with that disastrous summer and the multitude of subsequent errors he made and soft goals he conceded.

1 Like

I think all his best moments and memorable years will be all at Chelsea, he’s a legend there. Even his last season for Chelsea he was clearly not the same GK he was in the early years. For Arsenal, he’s been more miss then hit. Had a awful debut PL game when we lost to West Ham.

I don’t think his heart was in it for Arsenal, he was professional and is a nice guy. But I doubt he be remembered for his time with us. Only moved here cause his family didn’t want to move out of London. We got him when he was on the wane.

2 Likes

Consummate professional or not this is another reason he shouldn’t play.

16 Likes

Yeah this is kind of awkward now

7 Likes

Yeah i’m now firmly team Leno with Macey on the bench.

Fuck him

1 Like

Yeah that changes everything lol