Petr Cech

Cech was our best player, in a game we conceded 3 to a midtable French side, nothing more needs to be said really.

Wasn’t it his shit kickout that led to the second yellow for Sokratis?

No the shit tackle led to the second yellow.

I remember reading that Chelsea had done the same. If both are true who would he pick? :thinking:

Chelsea are a bit of a mess, so hopefully us :grinning:

There’s nothing to suggest he has any value as a coach so I don’t particularly care.

7 Likes

Chelsea obviously he’s a club legend there

1 Like

There probably aren’t that many players that he knows from when he was there and they’ve also had about forty or so managers since he left.

We have better training facilities, bigger stadium and nicer supporters, and we also play in red and white rather than rubbish blue, so it’s a fairly easy decision for him.

Should be us, as no one with half a brain would go there now.

No thanks

Why not?

Let’s say he got two offers, the logical choice would be Arsenal. There’s likely to be less managerial hiring / firing so he can establish himself here. At Chelsea, he might be favoured under one manager, but a new manager in 9 months could bring his own GK coach and he loses his job.

There’s no doubt that he is more connected to Chelsea so if they did offer him a job, the emotional pull might be what swings it.

A good player doesn’t mean you’re a good coach though so won’t lose any sleep if he goes to Chelsea.

1 Like

Can’t be worse than Peyton.

1 Like

I suppose the purpose of this is to help him learn on the job, we do already have a GK Coach that Emery brought in (Javi Garcia).

1 Like

I’ve been saying this for years but basing it on nothing but his wank stats in Football Manager and some random anecdotal shite I’ve read on Twitter

2 Likes

Not sure on the Peyton stuff, but maintain we have had a lot of ordinary keepers over the years.

1 Like

Decent read

Frankfurt will progress tonight

1 Like

I agree with this but I also think Valencia will.

1 Like

STOP IT, if they do the whole club can be burnt to the fucking ground for all i care if these motherfuckers cannot beat valencia from being 2 goals up when the fucking spuds and liverpool can bloody hit the CL final the club needs to be ripped to shreds and started over!