Petr Cech

Full name: Petr Cech

Date of birth 20 May 1982
Place of birth Plzeň, Czechoslovakia
Height 1.96 m
Playing position Goalkeeper

This should have been a better story. But it’s all shit. He did play for those Chelsea cunts, but his career should not have ended like this.

He’s a grown man…he knows fully what choice he made. He knew we weren’t title challengers. He gets a cushdy no.1 spot with a nice salary and gets to live in London still.

Hardly think he’s crying into his pillow every night staring at his medals on the wall.

5 Likes

I would think he thought, like we all did 2/3 years ago, that we were on the way up. Not this.

Dissapointed in one aspect with Cech that he has never been vocal about our frailties at the back.
He got that free kick wrong too. Not a good start conceding 4 goals at home.

It’s just getting better and better, isn’t it?

Something don’t seem right with him, his goalkeeping doesn’t look as good as it used to now this…i am wondering if something is up with him.

Maybe the same as for Alexis and Özil. They didn’t get what they signed up for. We all thought we were on a up, but we have a manager who’s stopped that progress.

1 Like

What’s next? Ok, we are shit, we have a stubborn manager and a greedy board, but fuck me, we are so unlucky!

Cech couldn’t do anything about the goals, maybe the Lallana one make himself a bit bigger but that’s it. He’s dealing with a makeshift defense that had no awareness of marking or closing down. Easy to say what will be worked on in training this week, with hopefully Koscielny and a new player.

1 Like

He definitely made a big error on the 2nd, IMO. He read it wrong and came out, when Lallana is not likely to score from that angle and with that amount of space and the ball bouncing if he stays on his line.

The first I don’t know. It’s a tremendous free kick but it’s a long way out…does a top, top keeper like De Gea or Neuer save that?

3 Likes

[quote=“AbouCuellar, post:13, topic:91”]
He definitely made a big error on the 2nd, IMO. He read it wrong and came out, when Lallana is not likely to score from that angle and with that amount of space and the ball bouncing if he stays on his line.

The first I don’t know. It’s a tremendous free kick but it’s a long way out…does a top, top keeper like De Gea or Neuer save that?
[/quote]I agree with you about the 2nd goal, I think Cech was at fault with his body position there. But the first goal, that was just simply a top quality free kick that any goalkeeper would struggle to keep out. It placed perfectly into the top corner, those are a difficult to stop, and Cech’s not exactly small. Wouldn’t fault him for that.

I blame more the team for giving away a daft free kick like that, right on half time. It changed the tone of the match after that.

Fair enough. He did seem kind of small when he attempted to make the save. If he comes out like a Szczesny does, and trust me I prefer Cech to Szczesny, but just the way Woj throws his arms and legs out to make himself bigger, maybe the save is made.

Thought it was very harsh on Holding to be called for that foul. He barely touched Coutinho, a slight slight grab, and Coutinho went down as if he got sniped.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/766282447352987648

I always think it’s weird seeing him without the cap. in my mind he goes shopping and everything in it.

7 Likes

I questioned his signing on the basis that paying 10 million for a guy whose best days are behind him is a gamble . So far hes been good and God knows hes head n shoulders above the crap weve had but his reactions are slowing. I hope the decline doesnt accelerate.

Come on, you want us to make a sneaky move for Joe Hart don’t you.

1 Like

Now thats funny ! :laughing: