Pep Guardiola

Good comp, both are insufferable dickheads.

3 Likes

Of all time? Fergie

1 Like

https://twitter.com/fleaflickas/status/1667497570522759174

Dude canā€™t help himself but throw shots at others. Rashford and De Gea the victims now. Kind of an indirect shot at Erik for his respectball too.

Pep is top two all time at the very least. And given how heā€™s ahead in head to head matches versus Ferguson, that puts him #1 for me.

4 Likes

Pep is the best, it isnā€™t just the trophies but also his progressive adaptive style, couple those elements with his overall impact on the game sets him apart from the rest.

Spain and Germany built their success in the WC and Euroā€™s from his work and also how he improved their players.

Kompany, Arteta and Xavi are his acolytes and are all excelling to varying degrees and there will be more by the time heā€™s out of the game.

11 Likes

Quite easy to do when you have billions to spend and huge amounts of investment everywhere you go.

3 Likes

No, it really isnā€™t

2 Likes

ok, look at chavskiā€¦spend enough you will get there. Same will happen with Newcastle. Mark my words.

I did say that it isnā€™t just about trophies did I not? lol

he is good with tactics but whta i am saying is that NO WAY does he achieve what he has without spending BILLIONS. He hand picks his world class squad to do exactly what he needs spending huge amounts and carbon copies everywhere he goes with refinements. How do you compete with that when you others have to spend within their means and are unable to get ā€˜ldeal playersā€™ for every position.

He probably doesnā€™t but I donā€™t think any other coach achieves what he has with the same resources

Like I said there is more reasons why he is the best other than the trophies

6 Likes

World class managers want to manage Barca, Bayern and City the same way players want to play for them.

You never see people say to Messi or Ronaldo he only ever plays for big clubs lets see what he is like playing for Rochdale

1 Like

It isnā€™t tbf to him, Mancini and Pellegrini are both good coaches but couldnā€™t do a fraction of what Pep has done.

Nope

He improved many of their key players and six of his guys started in the final against Argentina. Lƶw notably started changing his formation/tactics to incorporate some of what Pep was doing with Bayern for example playing Lahm in midfield and playing a more possession based game.

His influence on that Germany team was obvious.

To make this right.
Before Pep arrived Bayern, they won the treble te season before. They were a fucking force already.
For Germany, they were a strong team in 2010,which defeated Argentina 4:0 and England 4:1.

It was more of the maturity of the players than Pepā€™s one year contribution at Bayern.

Yeah, Germany were strong prior to Pep at Bayern but what were they winning?

Iā€™m not saying he is the sole reason but he definitely had an influence on that team, their own coach was incorporating what he saw Pep doing at Bayern and since that World Cup triumph Low was exposed and was unable to adapt or evolve, where is he now?

If there was credit, it should be given to DFB reformation, given to Klinsmann, given to Jogi Low, and the players, NOT Pep.

Pep has nothing to do with Germany winning the WC.

Bayern donimates the league no matter what so how much influence on the team I am not so sure.
But I can tell you after the 2014 WC win, Germany lost their identity and mental edge, and most importantly the winning mentality and grit.

Interestingly, you gave credit to Pep but not mentioning the negative impact he inject to DFB.
As I know, Pep coached Bayern till 2016 and why didnā€™t you say Germanyā€™s failure in Euro 2016 was on him then?

Which is why what Maradona did with Napoli is extra special. Thatā€™s the mark of true greatness for me.

As for Pep, as much as I hate to admit, heā€™s easily one of best the premier league has seen. Yes, he always gets the best players but he makes them better, much better. His teams play exciting football and are relentless, year after year. To constantly set such high standards, without ever having an off season, is truly incredible.

Having said that, I hope City get heavily sanctioned for their FFP breaches and I hope the bald bastard leaves as he said he would. While I am hoping for stuff, I hope Arteta has what it takes dethrone Pep and his team in the coming seasons.

3 Likes

If you could fuck off now pep thatā€™d be great.

1 Like