Pep Guardiola

His ruthlessness has to be commended. Cancelo was arguably the best full back in the league and Pep fucked him off mid-season. This is the man who binned Zlatan, Yaya, Ronaldinho and others because something wasn’t clicking.

Meanwhile, we have dossers like Hding on the books in a leadership role. Arteta has shown some ruthlessness, now get the axe out for the likes of Holding, El Nenny and Nketiah.

3 Likes

The next 8-10 years are going to be exciting while we wait to find out if you’re right or wrong. :smiley:

Leadership role?

1 Like

He was one of the five man leadership team from last sesson or have we fucked that off now?

Pretty sure he wasn’t in that group.

Arteta did mention him before as one of the leaders in the group.

I’m not sure if he’s been made an official one though.

Think this season it’s Odegaard, Xhaka and Jesus.

1 Like

Definitely was because it seemed an odd choice at the time.

I might be thinking of Unais group which he wasn’t in but as @GC-Maniac points out the group this year has three and he’s not one of them.

Either way, I don’t think it’s very meaningful.

Something that I would like us to copy from him is how he structured his squad this season.

This is the smallest City squad we’ve seen in decades. They’ve got 24 players and that includes Mendy. This also includes youngsters like Perrone, Lewis and Palmer.

Arteta talked about 25 being the magic number. Well, 20-23 might be the better range. Quality over quantity. Versatility and flexibility is key. Allows the manager to use players in various ways and they in turn have an easier path to getting minutes in the team.

Add too many players in the squad and you have multiple unhappy players to deal with. Some barely get any minutes and when they do, they’re rusty, which makes them perform like shit, or worse, makes it likelier to get injured.

2 Likes

Pep has some genuine versatile players as well. Akanji has played across the dedbcw; Gundogan across the midfield and Alvarez across the attack.

We only have Tomiyasu who is genuinely competent across the defence. Trossard and Jesus are versatile but I don’t think Jesus has started wide.

Why is this important? It gives Arteta tactical fluidity if players can adapt.

We aren’t far off, but it may mean bringing in to two quality players and trimming the squad.

Why can’t we play a back 5? Well at the moment we don’t have a right wing back and Zinny isn’t really a wingback. Would he dare drop Odegaard to play two in the middle? If he did play two in the middle, who has the legs bar Partey?

I’d be more than okay with a smaller squad with higher quality.

P€p Fraudio£a. Why cant football be fun? Two biggest scrubs in the sport in Assteta and Fraudio£a fighting for the PL, such a mid sport these days.

Pep is even making Haaland versatile. Against us he transformed into an elite link up player and De Bruyne a striker.

One other thing Pep excels at is hiding the doping.

1 Like

It’s scary just how much more complete Haaland as a footballer is in just 7 months.

People will sometimes question whether Pep could do it with a smaller team but it is irrelevant. There is a certain skill set and character traits that are required to manage at the top level.

He is brilliant. G. O. A. T? Not for me, but if he sticks around, he may well become the best in Premier League history.

Let’s hope that he starts to miss Spain.

2 Likes

Messi gave the fraud a career. Hes a checkbook merchant.

1 Like

Fuck off Pep

11 Likes

Get fucked you bald cue ball

9 Likes

I’m bald and even I’m calling him a bald cunt

8 Likes

That’s such a bald cunt thing to do.

2 Likes

Haha what a cunt :joy:

2 Likes