Pep Guardiola

P€p isnt all that without the generational talent and money to spend. Ya’ll keep saying lolpool and united have spent similar but net spend is never the right way to calculate this. Assets dont appear out of thin air. City had to spend money to make money, to the tune of 2.4b since the Shiekh took over. Not to mention the underhanded dealings. Thats 400m more than united, 1b more than us, and 1b more than lolpool. Chelsea are the only ones who’ve spent similar and they have 3 titles and 2 CLs to their name in that time. When lolpool won the title they had an insane injury record iirc btw.

We are held back because we actually have a limit to what we can spend like most clubs do. City not only have no limit but they also cheat. So they get Haaland and there’s nobody competing with them for his signature.

1 Like

2.4 bill for both Chelsea and City and 2 bill for United ?

Yeah all clubs spend similar amounts, City, Chelsea and United, yet Chelsea and United don’t routinely pick up 90 + points, dominate week in week out, make 2nd placed sides look like mid table fodder when the whips a cracking.

Yes you need money but pep is a fucking freak with it.

1 Like

Absolute master. Tweaked his tactics to great effect again last night. I’m not even going to hide behind the oil money excuse, he simply is the best manager in the league by a margin.

The recruitment is brilliant - they’ve sold Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko yet improved.

Tactically, Pep adapted by playing play making sidemen to replace Sterling, a CF to replace Jesus and somebody who can defend to replace Zinny.

4 Likes

Chelsea’s spending has lead to 3 titles and 2 cl trophies so it worked fine. Their issues have come because they are now a ship without an anchor. United hired OGS and a washed af Mo. They’ll be good again now that they have a proper manager if he’s allowed to mold his own squad and given proper time. Look at Arteta years of being mediocre but spend some money and have some consistency in tone and culture of a club and u can make a push for the title. Have a good manager like Pep and give him every advantage in the world and ur gonna win a lot. Still no CL tho lol, so he’s been okay relative to whats been invested.

Honestly the PL is just like F1. 90% car 10% driver. City won two titles just from pure spending power and beat Fergie in the process prior to Pep. Of course in a watered down league when they are cheating and they’ve got a good manager they are gonna win a lot. P€p is a front runner. He’s not doing anywhere close to this without the financial doping.

@me the next time someone at Chelsea or United wins 5 in 6… using those two because is comparative spending power.

Dont be the screaming virgin. Be the giga chad on the right side of history on this one :heart::heart:

3 Likes

The breaches are a waste of time worrying about tbh, ultimately very little will happen.

I’m more concerned with how Arsenal can continue on an upward trajectory and somehow outpoint city and pep to a title over the next 3-4 years.

1 Like

Yeah i know ur not worried about City cheating and not being on a level playing field cuz ur lauding them for beating the rest of the league that has a hand tied behind their backs like its some massive achievement lol.

It’s a financially level playing field between them, Chelsea and United, that’s the thing I’m giving them credit for.

I don’t see those clubs routinely picking up 90 + points season season turning the EPL into the Bundesliga.

Decade long drought for United.

Chelsea are up to 6 years and I reckon they’ll get to a decade also.

If Chelsea hire a half way decent manager and let him cook and they keep spending this way they’ll win titles again. They just throw shit at a wall and they still win CLs lol. Although its not really a level playing field spending wise when there are 115 breaches in FFP. One of which is apparently secret contracts where ppl are getting paid more than they are reporting…but thats just my opinion. Getting Haaland for 50m or whatever it was definitely seems on the up and up lmaoooooo. Dont be naive.

1 Like

Wasn’t the Haaland thing a known buyout clause in his contract ? The advantage city had is Haaland had the clause and only wanted them.

But we won’t see eye either eye on this anyways so probably no point discussing it. All I’m saying is I’ve watched football for 25 years, seen a fair few clubs with unlimited resources and 2 standout as being the most dominant.

Barca 2008-2012

Citeh 2017-2023

One thing in common, both managed by Pep.

Wouldn’t argue with you there mate :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

He didn’t have unlimited resources at Barca. Only around £300m spent over 4 seasons. That’s not a huge figure.

2 Likes

£51M buy out clause, rumoured €30M to his dad and €50m to agents, salary reported to be £865k a week with add ons - how many clubs can compete with that?

2 Likes

Messi pretty much counts as an unlimited resource imho :rofl::rofl: He had the greatest player of all time in his lineup.

And now will likely have the most prolific striker of all time in Haaland, if his form continues.

1 Like

They had 3-4 managers before him after Rijkaard that failed with the same set of players
Let’s not forget that he let go of Ronaldinho and Deco and replaced promoted Busquests and Pedro from the B team

He made Xavi and Iniesta work together in midfield when all previous manager were saying that both can’t play in the same midfield. Iniesta was rotting on the bench before Pep.

His Barca work is irrelevant to his city work imo.

Barca he made the best team in the world more organically and happened to have one of the best players ever at the same time.

City he’s compiled a squad of 50m+ players in every position including the bench and has the squad to dominate the rest of the league. Anytime someone threatens, they spend another 50m to upgrade a position.

We’re lucky Klopp joined Liverpool and actually gave some competition to city for a few years tbh. Nobody can truly compete financially (chelsea are pathetic in all regards) and on top of that, yes pep is also one of the best managers in history. Everyone else is fucked til one or the other changes.

That’s why I wanted us to steal it from under their noses this season while they had a slower start and ours was unreal. Very hard to keep competing with that beast.

3 Likes

Ferguson might have been successful but he broke the transfer record more than any other manager and when Wenger was challenging him for the title, Ferguson was spending more on bench players than our record signing.

3 Likes

I suppose we’ll see what happens when Pep finally leaves City, if they keep winning 5 titles every 6 seasons then it’ll really put a dampener on his legacy and I’ll concede he isn’t as good as I’m currently saying.

I don’t think there’s much doubt that he is the best manager there’s been.

No other manager has consistently had as much success as Guardiola, playing such great football.

It’s true he’s had money to spend but so have loads of other managers although very few have achieved a fraction of what he has, at so many different clubs, in so many of the top European leagues.

2 Likes