Pep Guardiola

Nahh the longer they stay in CL the more distracted they’ll be.

Let them stay in it until the PL season is over and then lose in the final.

It’s not so much where Guardiola goes after he leaves Man City, it’s who will Man City go for to replace him.

1 Like

We already know who’s top of their list. I suspect Paddy might be their #2 option.

1 Like

I think Pep is tired of managing. I think he is ready to take a long deserved break from work.

Not sure if fraudiola can take breaks though

It’s going to be difficult for them because, despite all their money, there is no stand out manager in Europe.

If they’re looking at PL managers for a replacement and assuming Klopp and Arteta stay where they are, the most successful and experienced manager would be Conte.

But I doubt they’ll do what Chelsea did and go for a less experienced manager, like they did with Potter.

Difference is Arteta and Vieira both worked at City and now have managerial experience. Maybe not as much as Conte or Klopp but they’ve both shown they can handle the job.

That’s true and over the seasons Man City have bought more players from us than any other club.
A lot of their coaches and back room staff were from us as well so I’m sure both Arteta and Vieira will be high on their list.

Luis Enrique is the obvious choice IMO.

1 Like

no… hope they hang in there till final or semi, so that they have to put all their resources in the CL and ot 100% in the league

1 Like

Didn’t get why he would leave, he won’t have it as good anywhere else and after a short break he’d be clucking to get back in

1 Like

Pep needs to take a break

2 Likes

I don’t think he’d ever leave for a significantly better situation, but seemed to be a bit of a feeling that he was winding down towards exiting for a different challenge.

His next stop, PSG, or Newcastle

Spewing, would have helped our cause if he fucked off. But what can you do?

2 Likes

With this batch of players England have the FA should offer him big money for the next two international tournaments.

Kinda glad in a way aswell as it keeps Arteta safe :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a valid point, they’ll probably come headhunting him when Pep does depart.

They’re teasing an announcement about it. Wonder how much Arteta and Arsenal played part in this. No clear replacement for City available and Pep may be looking forward going head-to-head with us in the next few years.

Wish he would just leave, go manage a national side or something, certainly makes our lives harder now.

1 Like

Extended his contract till 2025.

Wonder if he will the champions league by then.