Pep Guardiola

You don’t care and yet you regularly find ways to post about him

I wonder what your ratio on Pep is on this forum

I mean why do people never mention his constant evolving of tactics.
Also his desire to win and improve players. These are constants in the mans career. This is elite coaching.
Top players become better players and are constantly challenged.
If your just looking at the money angle your missing the coaching completely.

8 Likes

Is it constant though?

Granted Man has created a genius of a system and perfected it, but often his evolving of tactics is just overthinking and doesn’t always bear fruits.

Pep is definitely a good coach, great coach. No way he is a fraud; but it is too much to say he constantly evolved his tactics.

The year before he joined Bayern, the team won the treble.
In the league, they scored 98 and conceded 18.

Yes, Pep won 3 Bundesliga titles after he joined, but hardly you can say he “evolved” the tactics of Bayern. He basically brought the tiki taka there, signed Thiago and Gotze and tried to replicate what Xavi and Iniesta did in Barcelona.

They were winning the league anyway and here is the GF and GA by years:
12-13 (year before Pep), scored 98, conceded 18
13-14, 94 and 23
14-15, 80 and 18
15-16, 80 and 17
16-17 (year he left), 89 and 22

They did what they usually did. Can’t see how they have improved/evolved from the 12-13 treble season.

What I remembered was, Bayern lost their identity on the field. They could not find their mental edge, especially in the CL (They were way too superior domestically). A lot of the games were passing sideways, zero urgency and toothless on attack when needed a goal.

13-14, lost to Real in the semi final by 0-5 in two legs
14-15, lost to Barcelona in the semi final by 3-5 in two legs
15-16, lost to Atletico in the semi final by away goals
Does this look like his status in Manchester City now?? Pretty much dominates the league (if there is no Klopp/Liverpool) but missing out in the CL.

Ironically, Bayern having the majority of the core players, won the CL again in 19-20 season.

He might have evolved City, but not Bayern in my opinion.

“But how do you expect us to compete, Roma have also spent a lot of money but they haven’t won the PL like we have, they finished 6th-8th? It is not easy”

4 Likes

“Good to see you Pep, you’re balder than the last time.”

The fuck?

Sigh.
I can’t make out if he knows he is being a dick or not.

And ‘bro english’ is cringey as fuck

3 Likes

Urgh people are the worst

1 Like
1 Like

Manager’s nearly always big up the team they are playing next or the team they’ve just played.

1 Like

Just being polite lol

2 Likes

No doubt but would’ve been hilarious for him to have kept it real and said “you know what not really you know, they’re well off it this season. Looking a bit spooky over there.”

3 Likes

Worried man. Maybe the honey monster is injured.

1 Like

This Madrid dickriding from Pep recently is so weird?
What’s he cooking?

What a time to be alive.

#14 and #15 in the bag.

We’re back!

3 Likes

Hope they fuck out of the CL asap then :ramsdale:

Where would he go tho? He can’t go back to Barcelona now that Xavi is there Italy probably? Won’t help his CL chances much, necessarily.

Would be fun if he went to PSG and Ronaldo went there as well, Neymar - Messi - Mbappe behind Ronaldo and Guardiola as manager would be gloriously dysfunctional :arteta2:

1 Like

I think he will leave if he wins the Champions League. Nothing to win at that point anymore. City will still be good, but surely they will struggle during the transition.

He will probably take a year or so off, at least. Think that is the right thing to do after such an intense period (he did it after he left Barcelona). No idea where he could go after that. Don’t really see him at PSG or in Italy to be honest.