Pep Guardiola

You can claim domestic dominance because that’s exactly what they’ve done; dominated domestically.

Not sure why you’re making out that its mutually exclusive, you can dominate domestically and flop in Europe even against English teams.

1 Like

Sure they’ve won the domestic trophies but have gone out to domestic clubs in the more prestigous competition. I’m sure they’d happily trade their league cups for wins over Liverpool and Spuds in Europe.

They would trade it but that doesn’t mean they haven’t dominated domestically.

1 Like

We went out to Chelsea in the Invincible season. Does that take the shine off?

It’s a major blot on a great season yes. If we had won it a later date maybe not so much. We didn’t though and therefore stands as a major disappointment.

2 Likes

Agree with this, if we had of held on in 2006 then I wouldn’t have as anywhere near the bitterness as I do about the 2004 exit.

Actually I think if we won a CL in that period like we should have, I don’t think I’d have anywhere near the same degree of bitterness towards Arsenal.

3 Likes

Yeah think this is what city fans are feeling now too.
It’ll rankle like it does with us till they win it. Like it or not you have to win it for the clubs greatness to be sealed.
This is what Chelsea managed by winning in Munich.

3 Likes

Yes it’s a big stain on our record that our best ever side didn’t win the CL. Not once, while 3 other English sides won it in the next few years

3 Likes

It sits heavy in my heart that we have never won the CL. But what I think softens the pain a little is the amount of titles & trophies we have won throughout our history, which has us in the top 3 most successful English clubs of all time.

Iconic achievements like the Invincibles and a flow of honours is always something to take pride in.

The CL is an anomaly on our record which I hope we can rectify, but unlike Man City who would need it to elevate them into being acknowledged, we would need it to round off our list of several honours, like a missing jigsaw piece.

Well, there’s only one thing to do now. Clearly Mikel & Co are going to have to build the next greatest side this club has ever seen, and we try again. As long as football continues to exist, we will keep trying :red_circle: :white_circle:

3 Likes

We really Should of won it twice, both in 2004 and 2006, just didn’t have the luck.

United got played of the park by Bayern in 1999 and got two lucky goals at the end of the game, second time they won it on penalties, Liverpool we’re lucky that Milan imploded and Schevchenko who had one of his worst games in a Milan shirt missed a bunch of sitters, Chelsea got absolutely dominated by Bayern, 36 shots they had I think then Chelsea got a lucky fluke goal. We didn’t have any luck otherwise with ten men we outplayed Barca, Henry missed a chance he would of buried at the beginning and really should of put the game to rest second half, but things just wasn’t going our way. Which is sad because the run up to the final was a movie waiting to happen fairy tale type story, just needed that final win. Also fuck Almunia cunt and his shitty keeping

5 Likes

It’s not luck if you miss sitters though. Not too have won is beyond bad luck for me.
We fell down and came up short over the years. One final was scant reward for that group of players.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but United, pool and the chavs celebrate that silverware as if they won it through skill, all of them were lucky. In a parallel universe Chelsea would of been thrashed in that final and so would have Liverpool. It can’t be said in any of these finals that the better team won, however in 2006 we out played Barca for more than 80 minutes or so with only ten men for the majority of the game. If Henry just plays to his standard level and we have a little bit of luck on our side we’re up 3-0 by the time Larson is brought on. It really breaks my heart every time I think back to that night, for me as fan since child hood it’s the most painful defeat we’ve ever suffered.

1 Like

Less Arsenal bashing, more Fraudiola bashing

Fraud Fraud Fraud

Give him another 1 billion to win the Carabao Cup.

1 Like

Spurs is the worst one, Spurs are fucking awful. They would’ve won it that year.

With the Lyon result I honestly think the French leagues got such a fitness advantage.

Atalanta were dominant and you could literally see fatigue hit them some way through the second half no wonder they lost towards the end.

Lyon had the same advantage, i do think Pep set his team up like a coward but I do wonder if it was to do with covering a tired team.

1 Like

Think there was of elements of that argument in United fitness last night.

Sevillas goalie had a great game, Lindelof and AWB are trash and allowed such an easy goal to be conceded. United created so many good chances and spurned them.

One of those nights for them.

1 Like

Why should they celebrate it in any other way though.
It’s a campaign and they all overcame incredible odds at different times.
Liverpool 3 down. Chelsea in Bayern’s back yard and with 10 men in Barca.
United secured the treble and came back from 2 down in Turin for a 3 2 win.
Honestly our moment was ruined by the sending off in Paris but overall we were so underwhelming in Europe in that period it kills you to think about it.

All true. Just thought they died a bit in the last 15.
Actually think the energy you draw on from a crowd has an effect too at certain stages.

1 Like

You guys are doing it wrong.

Fraudiola

Flop and Fraudiola

This will never get old.