Pep Guardiola

So selfish. Now Acura’s value just went up £10m for us…

That’s what you get for spewing nonsense about Arsene and Pep, you cunt.

4 Likes

City and Pep have been well and truly found out this season.

They’re really close though.
It’s all about quality, they just need another 300m investment and they’ll have a fair chance. :rofl:

1 Like

CL has been there for him the last 2 seasons and he got well and truly found out against B Class teams. No excuse for it really

1 Like

5 Likes

Worst post-Barca Pep CL failure?

I know the spurs one will get heavy votes, but that Atletico one with that Bayern team he had at the time also stank imo.

• 2014 - Bayern v Real Madrid
  • 2015 - Bayern v Barcelona
  • 2016 - Bayern v Atletico Madrid
  • 2017 - Man City v Monaco
  • 2018 - Man City v Liverpool
  • 2019 - Man City v Spurs
  • 2020 - Man City v Lyon

0 voters

I agree that Bayern vs Atletico one was the worse. His Bayern team was just immense.

2015 vs Barca is forgivable, but that Atleti tie they really underperformed…

1 Like

Probably recency bias but this one was really bad. Starting Garcia was a mistake, not starting Mahrez was a mistake, starting 85 year old Fernandinho was a mistake. Sure he can’t plan for Ederson pooping his pants but he got too clever with the set up.

3 Likes

checks who voted for 2018

:arteta:

5 Likes

For me it’s this one. First of all I think Lyon is the weakest team out of all linep up there. I may be underestimating them, but as far as I know they comfortably the weakest team.

The second thing, maybe even worse, Guardiola’s choice of tactics and players last night. He went against the way they usually play and get results, just basically not enough attacking quality for the way he wants to play. Self sabotage. He left out both Silva’s, Mahrez too, started with a 532… ffs. For me it’s his absolutely worst CL KO phase presentation ever.

2 Likes

Must be City vs Lyon for me, any manager other than Pep would’ve been sacked after that result, massive underachievement when you consider that he was brought in to win the CL.

Domestic treble is overrated tbh. In the League cup, until the final, they only played shit. The semi-finals were against Burton Albion…

1 Like

It’s not overrated since how many teams achieve it? 98 points and domestic treble is overrated?

You only play who’s in front of you.

2 Likes

Sure. But how many teams cared about the League Cup? Henry f.e. said they didn’t gave a shit. City also has a lot of depth. They can bench somebody like Mahrez.

Not overrated.

If it was, another team would have done it before

1 Like

The treble isn’t overrated lol. Its the pinnacle of the domestic game.

:joy::joy:

Gotta be one of the last two seasons, I voted for Spurs as that was 2 legged tie so should have been less chance of an upset.

All the other exits prior to the last two seasons have been against very strong teams at least.

I think when you get knocked out of the CL in the same 2 seasons by English teams you can’t claim domestic dominance.

Also when you’ve spent what they spent, league cups, fa cups and even league titles don’t mean that much. They should be winning the biggest prize and they’ve been dumped out by Monaco, Liverpool, Spurs and Lyon in consequtive seasons.

And in our worst league season we’ve won the bigger domestic prize by dumping them out of the cup.