Patrick Vieira

The City Football Group are desperately seeking to retain Patrick Vieira, who already has an agreement with OGC Nice; even told him that he would "probably" be Pep Guardiola's successor at Manchester City (RMC) https://t.co/NzBoberMPB

— Get French Football (@GFFN) 21 mei 2018

Big, if true. Although he has to wait three seasons if they truely want that. I want to see him at Nice. They are a small club, but it seems they operate like an intelligent club to offer a proper head coach enough to compete for European football.

If he’s probably going to be City manager I’m sure Nice will let him go without too much fuss in 3 years.

2 Likes

Can someone please correct the spelling of his name?

:grinning:

2 Likes

What is with City and Vieira? He’s not exactly been setting NYC on fire has he?

Vieira has been confirmed as the new Nice manager. Very curious how he is going to do.

Yep - seems like he is serious about management and taking steps up the ladder of teams. I think if he does well there, he could be up for a top tier team (or just below). Another one of our classy players that I am fond of, despite his annoying habit of agitating to leave us and now his affiliation with City.

1 Like

what a wuss

I hope he smashes it and paves the way to becoming our new manager…

It wouldn’t surprise me that Arsenal are monitoring Vieira management for Emery’s replacement in 2-3 years time . The board certainly won’t go down the two decade managerial road again .
Vieira will become our manager within the next 5years

2 Likes
2 Likes

The best Arsenal midfielder I’ve ever seen in my lifetime

8 Likes

Big fucking balls and a big fucking personality. Miss that badly in our squad

4 Likes

You obviously never saw Stefan Malz play then

They come as a 2 for me him and Petit. Sometimes think we don’t give him enough plaudits here.
Adams owns the armband though.

2 Likes

We have xhaka :xhaka:

I absolutely don’t want Vieira. However good or not good he may be as a coach, I’ve never had the affection for him that most Arsenal fans of my generation do. Every summer he used to try to engineer moves out of the club, including to Man United at a time when it would have been even worse than Van Persie’s move there. After his move he talked on more than one occasion about how he should have left Arsenal sooner. I wouldn’t expect him to have any more loyalty this time around.

7 Likes

For all intents and purposes, isn’t he also a shit manager?

Do not want

2 Likes

Would much rather keep Freddie than have Vieira come in. I just can’t see a massive difference between the two at all. Would be a hugely underwhelming appointment this.

9 Likes

Would be a shit appointment

7 Likes