Pablo Marí

Depends on other moves and mostly how Saliba slots in.

Would expect Saliba to stay and be CB3, then it’s down to Holding and Mari for CB4.

If we get into Europe then we could just keep all of the above, we won’t get a big fee for either of the latter two. Looking at 50 games + so could need them.

Worth noting that Tomi can fill in there too.

2 Likes

Fair but I’d rather not weaken RB if we don’t have to. Hopefully signing a Cedric replacement will help.

2 years left on wages he’ll never see again, we could have an issue moving him in the summer.

1 Like

Agreed, think it’s easier to find a good CB than RB

This is why I don’t understand why we didn’t keep Chambers, he can play CB, RB and even DM.
Surely selling Holding and having a versatile player like Chambers on the bench would be better.

1 Like

Will probably be another loan, followed by another loan after that, before he will walk of a free man

3 Likes

do do do another one bites the dust

Udinese play 3 at the back which certainly helps him. He’s utterly useless in a back 4

1 Like

Oh Pablo. We’d like that too.

I’d like to stay in Serie A next season.

Bizarre deal this one.

1 Like

something weird and underhanded seems to have been done with some of these…they just dont sit right.

Just the latest in a long line of bizarre deals, going back to Mkhitayran.
Although for weirdness, the Saliba transfer is in a league of its own.

Mari was fine, he was a fairly cheap gamble when we needed a defender and he’d looked good in the CWC and copa liba.

Still think he would be an okay backup but seems to have lost his head after those early season games and wants to take the easy way out in serie a.

We have enough defenders to let him go so take 5-7m and get him gone.

2 Likes

Didn’t we offer him pretty high wages for what he is though ?

1 Like

Think he’s on 80k ish a week, pretty standard money these days tbh.

Be nice if it was closer to 50k given his level but at least he’s not over 100k like Kolasinac was.

80k is way overs, bottom half clubs have defenders on miles less that are miles better than Mari.

2 Likes

Problem is we’re not a bottom half club, even if we signed Ben Mee he’d end up on 80k or more because players know we can pay it.

1 Like

If you can’t get backs without paying £80k p/w then someone isn’t doing their job right.

No need to pay over the odds for average talent at all, being a big club should make it cheaper if anything

1 Like

He came from Brazil with a ‘meh’ CV to put it kindly. I can’t see how he had any leverage he had except we like being pals with his agent.