Ozil or Emery?

Mhki more to the point. Such an uninspiring name to see on the team sheet now.

1 Like

Sooo, three months on. I’ve seen people wanting Emery gone, but some wanting Ozil gone as well. What’s it to be now then, which side of the coin? :gunnersaurus:

I’m still prepared to rent a minibus.

1 Like

I want both stay.

A WC player should be able to adapt to different formations and tactics.
A good manager should be able to line up different strategies even the players are not his preferred ones.
They gotta work this out together.

I want to see them succeed with Arsenal.

I don’t want either of the shit cunts

1 Like

Ozil typically averaged 70 passes a game under Wenger where as he averages 46 under Emery. Mkhitaryan averaged 40 passes under Wenger and 31 under Emery. Less time on the ball for our 2 best playmakers.

I put this in the Emery thread but it certainly belongs here. This is by far Ozil’s worst season and I put that on the manager.

Ozil>Emery

2 Likes

Ozil and Emery was always likely to be a match made in hell.

Its not like Emery got us playing better football by marginalizing Ozil. Despite his laziness, Ozil would make us far pleasing to watch & a better attacking unit.
So I blame Emery more than Ozil here.
That said, I wish we had cashed in on Ozil because he is right now not worth what we are paying him.

How exactly would we have cashed in on someone who had 3 months left on his contract?

Sell Sanchez & Ozil in summer of their last year of contract.
Same with Ramsey

No reason for the players to go for it at that stage knowing they’ll lose a potentially huge contract

1 Like

Fuck this thread.

Jesus some of these threads on here. This is why we’ve fallen so far down the pecking order with half our fanbase putting a player who’s flattered to deceive since he’s joined over a Club they say they support. If it wasn’t Wenger, it’s now Ozil.

1 Like

Anyone remember the ox and sterling one on the old format.:joy::joy::joy:

I don’t think the opinions of fans in the relative merits of Ozil and Emery have much to do with the current state of the club.

2 Likes

You mean prioritising our best player ahead of a failing manager who’s not playing to his strengths?

1 Like

That’s why you shouldn’t be in a position where it’s just one year left in the contract. Sort it out early

TBF they tried to, at least with Alexis/Ozil. Players and agents are being more tactical about running down contracts now.

1 Like

Considering our history we should have seen this coming. There is just no benefit hanging onto assets who will lose value, especially considering we are not generating money.

That said losing Sanchez a year early would have robbed us of his great season so I don’t know

Özil is done here.

Back Emery and get him dem runners boy