Our Upcoming Fixtures

Well we’ve managed to take 3 of the 5, can we beat Norwich and Wolves ?

Wolves have been drawing and losing a lot lately. They also have a shockingly low goal count (13 goals, 18 games) I say we take both games.

Defensively wolves are sound, could be one of those cagey games that we need to make zero mistakes defensively and grind out a 1-0.

2 Likes

Would be pretty normal for a Wolves game.

2 Likes

I just noticed that with our fixture against Chelsea getting moved due to their participation in the club world cup, between January 2nd and February 18th we only have three league matches.

So same number of league matches from December 26 to Jan 1 as between Jan 2 and Feb 18.

3 Likes

That’s pretty annoying but the Christmas fixture period is great.

1 Like

I think, however, that there are normally two weekends dedicated to the FA Cup in January (3rd and 4th round) and the League Cup semi finals are played in January, too.

3 league games plus potentially 4 more in the cups means we won’t be completely starved of football.

2 Likes

We’ve played well since we lost to a managerless Man U and a very out of form Everton side.
Although West Ham hadn’t played well in their previous games, they were still top four and we beat them convincingly.
Southampton and Leeds were easy wins against weak opposition so I expect us to beat Norwich just as comfortably.

After Norwich we have Wolves, Man City, spurs, Burnley, Wolves again, Brentford and Liverpool.
This where we will find out if our recent games are an indication of if Arteta has “turned a corner” or if we are just a mid table team.

Anything over eighteen points from these eight games would be easily top four form.
Above twelve points would mean possibly top six but below that and we’re looking at a mid table finish.

Beating spurs is a must because they and Man U are our direct rivals for a CL place.
Anything other than wins against Norwich, Burnley and Brentford isn’t good enough.

The two games against Wolves won’t be easy but we need to get four points if we’re serious about getting the top four trophy and not losing to Man City and Liverpool would be a bonus.

3 Likes

Absolutely. It just feels weird that we have such a lengthy league lull, always this way to some degree in January but exacerbated by the Chelsea fixture being moved and also having an international break in late January/early February which hasn’t traditionally been the case.

1 Like

Yuck. Wasn’t aware of this.

2 Likes

Me either, fuck that.

1 Like

This isn’t for Europe.

Its South American qualifiers. The leagues are still on

Phewwwwww

I remember @Phoebica saying something about March, hence why late January surprised me.

Yes there is world cup playoffs last week in March

So we potentially lose both Gabi’s and our games are still on?

I’d almost rather a break lol.

I’m confused. We don’t have any fixtures scheduled during the break window (Jan 24 - Feb 2). But there won’t be European international football either?

FA cup 4th round weekend.

That’s on February 5th, after the “international break.”

1 Like

At least there are no international breaks until later this season.
Here’s a related football quiz question.

Q: What is so great about having an international break during the PL season?

A: Nothing.

1 Like

I see. Usually in January. Dunno so.