Our Upcoming Fixtures

Let’s hope the next eight games are managed, just once by Arteta, and seven times by a decent manager.

Or, if Southampton beat us convincingly, rather than swapping shirts, we swap managers.

1 Like

2 Likes

3 points against West Brom and a point against Brighton. The rest of the fixtures don’t look winnable. Perhaps we can get something at Everton. I’d say 4-5 points out of a possible 15.

Between 2-5.

lose the next 3 games draw brighton beat WBA hello relegation zone for 2021

4 points. Win against WBA, a point out of the Bighton game. That’s all folks.

Southampton --> We’ll almost certainly lose. They looked pretty good, we’re all out of sorts. I don’t expect a midfield pairing of Dani and Elneny to really trouble them. Maybe we’ll see some rotation on the wings but I just can’t see us scoring.

Everton --> They definitely have the ability to come unglued but they also have such a defined three man midfield. It’s what you get when you hire a coach with a very clear idea of playing.

Chelsea --> Grand Wizard Fat Frank will win easily.

BHA --> Relegation six pointer baby.

We could easily lose all four of these matches the way we’ve been playing. I can’t see where the goals are coming from and it’s not even like I feel confident that we’re just about to turn the corner and hang five or six goals on someone. We’re just not. I really hope there are discussions are a higher level about the January window. It’s not even about bringing guys in, it’s just as important (maybe more important) to ship out some of these idiots.

Xhaka? I don’t give a fuck what anybody writes about him being a leader or popular with the players. He comes off as a bad influence. Why would I want a guy that stupid counseling younger players in the dressing room? Get him gone. Loan, cut price deal, whatever. He needs to go.

Lacazette? Thanks for your service but it’s over. Promote Balogun and go from there.

Apart from Sheffield United, and West Brom we are on the worst run of any team in the PL.
Even Fulham have more goals than us.

In our last eight games we’ve won once and got a draw.
That is bad enough but we shouldn’t even be entertaining the idea of seeing what Arteta does in the next eight games.

He should have gone after the Burnley game.
If the board are talking to the likes of Pochettino, Allegri, Rodgers, Nagelsmann etc, behind the scenes and they are waiting to announce our new manager, that’s fine.
Or they are waiting until after our next game to announce Hassenhuttl, that’s also ok.

But if they’re going to wait until we’re in the relegation places, with a few games to go, to announce that Mark Hughes is the man to keep us up, they’re even more indecisive than I thought.

This is a multi million pound business and the only people who want to persist with Arteta are the very people that are responsible, not only for getting us into this mess, but also getting us out of it.
What a shambles.

Southampton, a point I would say, maybe a win, probably get a win against Brighton.
Going to lose to Everton and Chelsea.
4-6 points max I think

Ten points. Beat southampton, Brighton, west Brom. Draw at Everton.

2 Likes

So far so good

7 so far and potentially 10 with West Brom still to go would be a decent reversal from where we were especially as we are 6/6 since we gave the kids a run out.

Next four games are:
West Brom
Palace
Newcastle
Southampton

Would love us to put a run together and put the terrible start behind us but we’ve not been convincing enough that I think we could pull that off.

3 Likes

See, my prediction of 8 pts wasn’t that unrealistic :xhaka2:

4 Likes

I can live with being cute and correct. Certainly beats being wrong and not cute

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I don’t care so much about the FA Cup match tomorrow but the next 8 fixtures after that are going to determine whether anything is salvageable from this season and possibly decide Arteta’s future at the club.

at Southampton
United
at Wolves
at Villa
Leeds
at Benfica
City
Benfica

If we can get at least 11 points out of the six PL matches and advance past Benfica, we could make the rest of the league season interesting in terms of European places while also being in with a shout in the Europa League. If we somehow managed 13+ points I think we’d have a glimmer of hope at making top four if other teams stumbled as our run in is really easy. Fewer than 10 points and our league season is basically over and obviously if we get knocked out of the Europa League this early again then we fucking suck.

3 Likes

We’d do very well to get draws with Southampton, United, Villa and City. I have no confidence in us beating any of those clubs.

I have no idea how Benfica are these days so that could go either way in my head haha Leeds and Wolves we should be beating.

1 Like

3 wins 2 losses, 9 points

United will lose their 1st away game in the league at the Emirates next weekend, they’re our bunnies in the league now. Haven’t beat us since March 2018 when Wenger was losing every away game, even that required a stoppage time winner.

3 Likes

Is Benfica just 1 leg?

Its still two legs I’m pretty sure.

1 Like