Other Teams' Kits

Fucking hell, they might just as well put the swastika on there.

They’ve put a hold on all personalised kits to make sure none have been printed with the offending “4”.

My un-personalised long-sleeve version turned-up today, it’s a beaut.

This is a bit rich. Not only shades of disgruntled former employee it’s been years since I’ve seen a current kit for sale at my local Sports Direct because they only sell old lines to people who don’t know better.

Perhaps Sports Direct’s money would be better spent on giving their staff proper contracts of employment.

An exclusive deal does seems silly tbh.

It’s silly on all sides. Newcastle aren’t going to grow their market by being selective about who sells their shirts, other retailers will just think “oh, it’s only Newcastle” and get back to selling more popular club shirts and the counterfeiters are going be the real winners because Google Shopping is programmed to compare multiple price points.

More cheap-looking tat for our neighbours.

“The Nike Spurs 2024-2025 jersey is an outstanding one” - Wrong
“The colours are…White/Binary Blue/Binary Blue” - Two “binary” blues? Eh? How does that work?

It’s kind of crazy that somehow they end up with consistently terrible home kits despite having the same color setup we do (i.e.: one primary color and white). Maybe the issue is that white is their primary color with blue as an accent. But it’s never stopped Madrid from having great home shirts.

1 Like

Their kits (to me anyway) don’t look like they change anything as such as regards design, they look all similar types of garbage. Or maybe it is because i dont pay much attention to their junk.

2 Likes

All they’ve done is an adaptation of our basic layout - contrasting sleeves.

When your “big” club has so little heritage to fall back on that the kit makers release a kit celebrating the city’s phone code. Perhaps they should have focused on the number “115” rather than “0161”.

Tbf the NBA and MLB do stuff like this. The O’s released merch that had “410” on it a few years ago. (Even though we also use 443 area codes but those are only for losers)

1 Like

I can imagine “N5” being a marketing concept for Arsenal at some point.

Funny thing is that 0161 isn’t particularly historic, introduced in 1995 replacing the more traditional 061 code and Man City were in a relegation battle at the time.

1 Like

I’d also be shocked if someone hadn’t floated the art deco “A” as a potential third kit option. It’s such a great font. I’m sure people way smarter and savvier than me could explain why it’s not a good idea from an intellectual property POV but it would look pretty neat on a shirt.

1 Like

:thinking:

Sorry, I’m old so 1995 seems fairly modern to me.

1 Like

At least N5 is unique to Arsenal. 0161 will also be the phone code for Man U, Bury, Stockport and probably one or two others from lower leagues who dont come to mind.

1 Like

I could have been clearer. It’s a clear nod to city’s recent relevance as far as im concerned.

FFS why couldn’t we have this as our third strip instead of the Spursie blue and mauve crap?

fwiw I think third kits should be a little weird or artsy. Give me the zig zags we had a few years ago, or that gorgeous pink shirt or an abstract pattern based on the absolutely horrendous facial hair effort from Fabio Vieira. It should be a space for designers to let loose a little.

2 Likes

I don’t like that colour scheme at all.

2 Likes