Other Clubs' Transfers

Plus Barcelona probably won’t ever pay them anyway lol

8 Likes

Gotta factor in the 40-50m they paid Haaland’s dad and the estate of Mino Raiola. Plus the insane wages.

Still good business though.

Signing premium young players at the top of the market may not be the best strategy in an era where 5 years deals become increasingly worthless after the first 3 years.

Historically big clubs will still be more appealing than Newcastle

2 Likes

How dare you suggest that had any factor in securing his signature!

Bremer hasn’t moved yet has he? If Juve sell de Ligt, that’s your replacement right there.

Top talent.

1 Like

These guys are genuinely idiots. Trying to fill a hole by opening another one.

Hopefully Juventus shoot that deal down. They’ve already got one misfiring striker in Morata they don’t need a clone lol

Isn’t Morata gonna fuck off anyway?(don’t remember what his situation is)
Reckon they can rinse Chelsea and get Werner on top of it. Then cover the gap at CB with K2 or Bremer.

I think Werner and Vlahovic can form quite the partnership.

Phillips to City is a weird one. Guess they just like signing English players for too much money.

2 Likes
1 Like

Garbage signing alot people knew wouldn’t live up

Opens up a spot in the right hand side though, so maybe Raphinha?

1 Like

Touch harsh tbh, really talented player and he’s shown that in parts for Chelsea. Just made the mistake of going to a club where he would be an embarrassment of riches.

Dude lived and died by his choice of team, unfortunately for him he died

1 Like

Harsh is fair - I do remember him being considered the least interesting player from the Ajax semi final run. It was a red flag he got left on the vine after that summer

Meh, I think Ziyech had some really good periods at Chelsea. Never a nailed on starter, but I think he warranted more chances. Something has to be said Chelsea’s business the last few years. Been a good 5 years now they have way more misses than hits.

Not sure if it’s just down to the players.

All the more infuriating that they’ve actually won stuff in that period and a CL no less.

It’s funny how people remember and interpret things so differently. I was completely in love with him during that run.

Though I do have a little bit of love for these North African players who have that samba flair, hell I even loved Taarabt back in the day. For me personally Mahrez was our biggest misfire in the transfer market. I was beyond enamoured by his style, even during his bad season- part of the reason I’m still big on Youri.

Though I do think had Mahrez went to the wrong club it would have been lights out. Pep really embraced him and let his talent shine through. I don’t think Ziyech has had that opportunity.

@SRCJJ - these North African talents seem to have all the ability but their mindset and development seems to walk a razors edge. As an international fan why do you think that is? Outside Mahrez I always feel like some of these players should be bigger on the global stage than what they become

1 Like

I think his career track is similar to Van de Beek who was a key player in that run but made a poor move to United under a coach who didn’t intend to use him correctly

In the case of Ziyech he was never good enough for a club like Chelsea to nail down a spot there, was always going to get exposed competing against legit young talents.

He’d be a good addition for AC Milan on the RW

Ziyech is 29! I thought he was still about 25, maybe 26 at the oldest.

I kind of feel like all those dutch kids were a sum of the parts kind of setup, whereas I felt Ziyech was just an exceptional yet rough talent- a real difference maker.

I’d be really interested to see Ten Hag put together De Ligt, FDJ and VDB together at United.

I’m not meaning that in a hateful way, I’d geniunely be interested. I actually think if United don’t fire Ten Hag by Xmas they’ll be on the right path. They need a revolution, a Dutch total football revolution in the modern era isn’t the worst fucking idea.

Although we live a results based industry, even I wanted Arteta out that first Xmas he stumbled and everyone was talking about relegation. I remember talking to my dad about it and he was like give it time. Now he berates me because I have too much faith in Mikel.

Ultimately change takes time. United need to be patient, throw expectations out the door and build slow, steady.

1 Like